The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved 1G Fuel pump rewire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrawlinZX14

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2011
Carpentersville, Illinois
Ok, so im planning to rewire the fuel pump to run off a distribution block I have thru a relay. Do I have to pull the pump out of the tank to attach that line directly to the pump, or can I simply splice into it outside. I have yet to find something thru the search that step by step's it, so I want to ask.

A link to a better explination would be OK, but a simple replay would be better. I have searched, used the vfaq, and nothing said if i needed to pull the pump out of the tank for the rewire. So im interested to know. I want to do the rewire tomorrow.

No you don't have to pull the pump. You would tap into the harness connector on top of the pump assembly. I have directions somewhere I'll post them up when I find them.

Pretty easy google search bro LOL here's a link. 2G DSM FWD Fuel Pump Rewire Instructions

You can wire it up to the connector for the pump. The last few inches up to the pump aren't a big deal. The main thing is to lower the restriction caused by the factory wiring.

Ideally it would be best to wire straight up to the pump, but that isn't all that easy because of the solder through the pump hanger.

Also, I would recommend 12 gauge or larger to make it worth while.

2g rewire same as 1g? Cause my pump is in the hatch is it not and not under the rear seat?

I got it. TY. Got it rewired tonight as it was.

I have a 30a fused line off the battery back to a power distribution block that's fused also. Thats 0ga from the battery back to the dis block. then I have 10ga off the block to the relay, and 12ga from the relay approx 6 inches to the fuel pump line in. Its soldered and covered in heat shrink half an inch off the terminal top. Split loom covered all the lines, and ran a good heavy gauge ground wire as well. So I dont have to worry about any issues on that end. Its mainly in prep for a 255+ fuel pump.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back