The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Fuel Pump Rewire Relay Diagram for DUAL in tank pumps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is a short write up on how to run DUAL in-tank pumps and should be a big help to those that need a little assistance.

This diagram has the pumps "HOT" at all times and uses the ground to turn the pumps on.

Not all systems will use this way to activate the pumps so understand that EVERYTHING on this circuit is HOT, not the typical switching the hot for power but switching the GROUND for them to operate!
I want to make this perfectly clear!

Now that that is clear, on with the specifics:

86 is the power for the relay to work
85 is its ground so that the relay functions
30 and 87 are the switching poles of the relay for your pumps to see ground and come on so they can be turned around since they don't care which one goes to your pump grounds and which one goes to the cars ground.

For Dual Walbro 255’s, it looks like the maximum amp draw on one is 9.8 at 50psi and 13.5 volts so I'd say a 30 amp relay should be fine, if I had a choice for a 40 amp relay I think I would run it just so it doesn't see much of a pull on it, like half of what it is rated for. I got that information from this link here:

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/html/fpspecs.html

A fuse should always be used BUT....if you are thinking of running two fuses, if you blow one, your car will run lean which could spell disaster so check out this thread from a SRT site:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f187/amp-draw-walbro-255-a-505169/

So after reading that I would use ONE fuse for both pumps that way if it blows, you will know it rather than run lean and not know one has a blown fuse.

Thanks go to bOOstedtalon2 for the diagram and srtforums, autoperformanceengineering and DexterHolland for their contributions to this article!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back