The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Fuel pump rewire questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noxneon

Probationary Member
Nov 29, 2010
Washougal, Washington
I've done enough research to know a rewire kit is beneficial. But what I'm having a problem with is not finding anything talking about rewiring the inside of the the actual fuel tank, from the pump connector itself to the external electrical conncetions. I have enough knowledge about electronics to understand current dynamics, and am thus puzzled about why there aren't any large gauge wired in-tank plugs to ground the pump and supply it with power. Can anyone comment ?

I had that same idea a while back and thought of the 10 ga wire going to 16 ga wire on the other side of the connector so I rewired it as well to i think a 14 ga. I also rewired the ground with a ~20" length to the rear seat bracket or seat belt bolt. I actually think the 10 ga is overkill for the amount of current draw over 14' length of wire, which isnt really that long.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back