The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fuel pump rewire kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuel pump rewire kit available at DSMotorsport.

1) First thing I did was, disconnecting the battery.
2) Then, position the new relay were you want it. I placed it at the bottom of the fuel tank cover plate, under the back seat. I secured it to one of the bolts.
3) Run the new power feed line (red cable) from the engine bay to the location of the new relay. Underneath the battery plate, there are cables going into the car. I went through the rubber booth. The wire will come from behind the carpet, under the glove compartment. Then I ran it under the bottom door trim all the way to the back.
4) Connect the new power feed line to the positive battery connection.
5) Cut the new power line, after making sure the right length.
6) Pinch a yellow connector to the end of the new power line and hook it up to # 87 of the relay.
7) Underneath the car near the gas tank, I looked for a ground connection. I used a bolt that was holding a rail (use some sandpaper to clean off some paint for a better ground connection). I ran the cable through the booth that is connected to the cover plate. You have to pinch one of the circle connectors to the end of the wire, were you going to connect it to the frame.
8) Pinch a yellow connector to the other end of the new ground cable and hook it up to # 86 of the relay.
9) Unscrew the white rail that holds all the cables and cut some tape away.
10) There is a black and blue wire, this is the on you need to cut. Make sure it is the black and blue wire, because there is also a black wire.
11) You have to connect a piece of wire to the end of the black and blue wire that goes to the fuel pump, pinching a red or blue connecting sleeve. On the other side of the new piece of wire pinch a blue connector. And hook it up to # 30 of the relay.
12) Connect a piece of wire to the end of the black and blue wire that comes from the old fuel pump relay, pinching a red or blue connecting sleeve. On the other side of the new piece of wire pinch a blue connector. And hook it up to # 85 of the relay.
13) Use zipties / lock strips to secure the cables to the white rail. And fasten the rail back in place.
14) You can use the black cable sleeve to cover the cables going to the relay and tight them with zipties / lock strips.
showphoto.php

If picture is not shown, please go to my gallery. Thank you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back