The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Fuel Pump Rewire for Aeromotive 340

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

er82

Proven Member
Apr 18, 2014
Sacramento, California
I installed the Aeromotive 340 stealth pump and have rewired with 10 gauge wire from the relay to the fuel pump hangar assembly connector. The wires for the pump itself are not 10 gauge. The question is, do I need rewire all the way to the hangar?

I installed the Aeromotive 340 stealth pump and have rewired with 10 gauge wire from the relay to the fuel pump hangar assembly connector. The wires for the pump itself are not 10 gauge. The question is, do I need rewire all the way to the hangar?
If you decide to and most people don't, use a proper electrical pass through designed for gasoline.

I rewired my walbro 450 up to an inch away from the pump. Probably doesn't matter but I've heard people make the argument that it's the length of that tiny wire that matters. I just got it as close as possible leaving myself a bit of wire in case I ever had to redo it.

It's pretty simple to run 10 gauge to the pump if you really needed to. Run an isolated bulkhead stud. Can even make your own for under $2.

Your good.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

fuel pump wire size on a 2g is 1.25 mm(2), it should be about the same on a 1g. Id say 5" or less from the relay to the fuel pump connector, should be okay.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

pauleyman said:
If you decide to and most people don't, use a proper electrical pass through designed for gasoline.

And use wire with the correct rating.
  • GPT wire (SAE J1128-GPT) - General Purpose Wire rated -40F to 176F (Generic wire found in most auto parts stores)
  • GXL (SAE J1128-GXL) - Thin insulation, Automotive Cross-link Wire rated -49F to 257F
  • TXL (SAE J1128-TXL) - Extra thin insulation, Automotive Cross-link Wire rated -49F to 257F
GXL, and TXL wires are oil, gas, acid and generally chemical proof.

Can you explain more please
Buy a cheap nylon nut and bolt from homedepot and drill and tap the center for a thinner steel bolt. The nylon nut/bolt is your bulkhead- isolator and the steel bolt is your pass through bulk head stud.

Cost next to nothing and readily available.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back