The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Spyder Fuel pump rewire 99 Spyder 2.4t

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexr254

Proven Member
Jun 18, 2021
Palm Coast, Florida
I’m kinda getting confused on the order of things I should do.
I basically have all parts needed for a 4g63 head swap.

So far all I’ve done is installed a FueLab fuel pressure regulator.
I then started with replacing the stock fuel pump for a Walbro 255lph.
Got the old pump out, did the pump swap. Then realized I should change the gasket. Which ofc I don’t have. So it’s on order.

But I also have the hardwire kit for the fuel pump.
I’m a bit confused if this hardwire would have any effect on the relay bypass I plan on doing. Or if I even need to do the relay bypass if I hardwire the fuel pump?

Also, does anyone know the target PSI on the fuel regulator I should aim for with these options;
SOHC stock injectors, stock ECU, no turbo
SOHC 680CC injectors, ecmtuned ECU, no turbo
DOHC 680CC injectors, ecmtuned ECU, no turbo
DOHC 680CC injectors, ecmtuned ECU, 16G turbo

What are you going to use for an ECU and when?

The questions about the power for the fuel pump depends, due to the difference in how the two ECUs interface with the pump. The 2.0 ECU has a simple on/off relay providing power where the 2.4 ECU uses a module to control the speed of the pump.

The question of what fuel pressure should be again it depends on which ECU. The 2.4 ECU expects stock injectors at 47-50psi in it's fuel calculations and the 2.0 ECU expects 450cc injectors @ 42-45psi (43.5 nominal) until you start tuning and then it's up to you if you want to change either the size or pressure.

Keep in mind that in addition to the way the two ECUs control the fuel pump they also differ in what kind of ISC/IAC they use. The 2.0 IOSC is a stepper motor and the 2.4 ISC is a DC motor. They are not interchangeable.

There may be other issues that I don't know about. :)

What are you going to use for an ECU and when?

The questions about the power for the fuel pump depends, due to the difference in how the two ECUs interface with the pump. The 2.0 ECU has a simple on/off relay providing power where the 2.4 ECU uses a module to control the speed of the pump.

The question of what fuel pressure should be again it depends on which ECU. The 2.4 ECU expects stock injectors at 47-50psi in it's fuel calculations and the 2.0 ECU expects 450cc injectors @ 42-45psi (43.5 nominal) until you start tuning and then it's up to you if you want to change either the size or pressure.

Keep in mind that in addition to the way the two ECUs control the fuel pump they also differ in what kind of ISC/IAC they use. The 2.0 IOSC is a stepper motor and the 2.4 ISC is a DC motor. They are not interchangeable.

There may be other issues that I don't know about. :)
Thanks. That does help me understand better.
I will be using the turbo ECU.
I also will be replacing the IAC with the turbo. As well as the throttle body.
Amongst many other parts

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back