The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

fuel pump questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvturbo2

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2006
Huntington, West_Virginia
My friend has run a 255lph on his first gen with out a regulator til recently and he has an extra 255 for like 60 bucks and i was wondeing if i would really need a regulator when i put that on or if id be fine for awhile or if i should just spend the extra cash and get a 190lph for now.

get the extra 255 but wait until you have a AFPR before you put it on otherwise you are going to run pig rich.

What is more important is, what are your goals with the car? If you are just going to run a smaller turbo like a 16, buy a 190 and strap it on.

I've got a 17c right now and id like to push 19 pounds with it for awhile and maybe upgrade to a 20g or 50 trim tops.

The only way you can guarantee a 1:1 rising rate of fuel to boost with a larger pump is through the use of an aftermarket AFPR. Import Evolution has great pricing on an Aeromotive pushlock kit. Pick up a liquid filled gauge and you're ready to go. Don't even bother putting the 255 on until you install the AFPR unless you like the idea of potentially washing fuel past the piston rings and diluting the oil.

Good luck,

Andy

A 190lph should support air flow to give you an equvilant of around 350 whp ? so odds are if i decided to upgrade to a 20g or 50 trim i'm not really gonna make past that anyway

Yeah, like it was stated above, get a 190 lph pump for about the same money and you will be fine for a very long time with out a afpr. I am running a 190 lph with a E3 16g with 650cc injectors and I am running 20 psi boost with no problems and there is room for more. The 255 is an overkill for the stock fpr, absolutely.

I got the 190 ordered. I'm also wondering what are the limits of the stock injectors ? I'm gonna try to pick up a set to go with my fuel pump and wideband that are on the way.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back