The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

fuel pump making noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanotation

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2004
North Hollywood, California
my walbro 190 fuel pump has been in for a few days now with no problems, and just today it started making noise. the car runs and feels fine, and the a/f ratio is bouncing around as normal. ever since i put in the new fuel pump, the car definatly pulls a little harder, but this noise is frightening me. i don't mind it, as it's not loud at all, but i'm worried something is wrong. it sounds like a mechanical whirring, and it holds the same not, and doesn't change pitch at all. when i put the car into Reverse from Park it changes pitch momentarily but goes back to the scary whirring sound. i drive a 94 mitsubishi galant (4g64), the pump was for a 2G, direct fitment.

Nothing to worry about, I haven't heard a Walbro 190 or a 255 that doesn't make that noise. Most aftermarket (upgraded) fuel pumps make the "whine" because they are pulling alot more fuel than the stocker.

It is perfectly normal. It usually takes a few days for aftermarket fuel pumps to get broke in, but they all make a noise. Something you will have to deal with :)

that's cool, i dont mind it at all, it's kinda nice to hear a smooth tone after listening to my exhaust all day, just a little worried

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back