The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fuel pump install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96talontso

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2011
Edmonds, Washington
Is there a way to do this without disconnecting the lower fuel line? The thing is not going to move and ive hit it with pb blaster multiple times.

Is there a way to do this without disconnecting the lower fuel line? The thing is not going to move and ive hit it with pb blaster multiple times.

Not without cutting the hose. The where the hose connects to the sending unit the nut is brazed to the line so it won't turn. You have to take the lower line loose and than screw the hose from the fitting. IF it hasn't came loose yet than you aren't turning it hard enough.

Well ive used PB blaster on it multiple time now and im using a flare nut wrench and its starting to round.... Im really not sure what to do

Get a good set of flat jaw vice grips. I don't even start with a flare wrench on these lines. The vice grips come out of the box the first time. The problem isn't rust so the pb blaster isn't going to help you. The problem is just how tight the flare fittings are.

Make sure using flair wrenches. I just did my second one and even with tose my second one was a big pain. I finally used a big set of vise grips with a v cut out in the jaws. Locked that on pump side and braced it with piece of wood like in VFAQ. Then used flair wrench to turn fuel line side and it finally broke free. If haven't read this may help also. 2G AWD fuel pump install You guys are just too fast. Done before able post.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back