The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Fuel pump hangers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calan

DSM Wiseman
Jan 16, 2007
OKC, Oklahoma
I've been working on a new 1G dual-pump hanger design, with a solid machined blending block (single -8AN outlet), and liquid tight cord grip feed-throughs for the power connections.

CAD design:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is one of the prototypes; just need to get it anodized and wired up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

With regards to orientation of the filters, why wouldn't you position them 180deg to each other? So not potentially starve one pump.

Any 2g love? And how does that "block with the an fittings" get mounted on the plate? Welded?

With regards to orientation of the filters, why wouldn't you position them 180deg to each other? So not potentially starve one pump.

Nick, you could rotate them if you wanted, but it makes it a lot harder to get into the tank. I don't think there will be an issue having them stacked. There is space between them, and I wouldn't be romping on the car if the fuel ever got below the first pump inlet anyway.

Any 2g love? And how does that "block with the an fittings" get mounted on the plate? Welded?

If I had a 2G hanger I could probably come up with something, but I'm 2G challenged. :)

The top block is welded to the plate on the bottom side.

I have a 97 GST and I live in DFW and was wondering if I sent you my sending unit can you make a setup like this for my car like two Walbro 400lph pumps.

Would you need this with the newer Walbro 450 E85 pumps? Maybe size it for 2 of those if you need 2.

Definitely loving these! turbotalon1g is right though, a lot of people are swaying away from dual pumps and moving to big single pumps. Those still beat the FullBlown ones though because I'm sure it'll cost half the price.

Craig,

I am so jealous of the leak proof fittings. :cry: Great creation and as always it looks great. :thumb:

I do have one question though, How do the two lines come together in the aluminum block???I don't need a blueprint, I was just kinda curious to the shape of the transition. ;)

As far as stacking the filters, you can easily rotate them. You can only rotate them 90* since the pumps sit in the pack left corner of the baffle. It is a tight fit, but its not to bad. Just wanted to say that you can rotate them 90* if you feel the need too.

Robert

Calan,

The 044 is a tight fit with the 1g stock hanger. Do you know how it will fit with this pump? I would love to invest in a hanger that will better fit the 044, or pumps just like it from Jay racing.

I know its designed for a dual pump, just wondering.

I do have one question though, How do the two lines come together in the aluminum block?

I'm running two 7/16" dia holes vertically (tapped for the 1/4 NPT barb fittings), which intersect a 7/8" diameter hole running front to back. There is no special transition or anything, and according to a few people I've talked with, it doesn't matter much if any. The cross-sectional area of each intersection is much larger than the cross-sectional area of the 5/16" dia hose and pump outlet, so the block should definitely not pose a restriction. I'm going to test the flow before putting it in the car though.

On a related note, does anyone know if running water through a fuel pump temporarily could possibly hurt anything? I don't see how, especially if gas is pumped through it right afterwards...but I've never tried it or even heard of it. :)

The 044 is a tight fit with the 1g stock hanger. Do you know how it will fit with this pump?

Since this is designed for dual 255 style pumps, it wouldn't be ideal. But it would be easy enough to design one specifically for the 044 or any other pump. I would just need the pump in question or an accurate Pro/Engineer-compatible 3d model of it to work off of.

Is there a place for a return line or am I just blind?

Awesome work, Calan! I've always been jealous of the logistics behind the 1g fuel system when compared to the 2g fuel system.

Awesome work, Calan!

Thanks Will.

Feel free to donate one of those 14mmx1.5 to AN -6 male inverted flare adapters for testing purposes if you'd like. :D

Isn't the return line at the tank?

Yep. This is meant as a direct drop-in replacement, so the return line stays stock. I'm planning on a bolt-on bracket for the factory vent check valve as well.

I'm just saying for the price of the hanger and 2 pumps you might be close to one 450, but its not even about the price for me.

Running 2 pumps can bring up a lot of issues or potential issues, plus how many people are outflowing a single 450?

I'm not trying to be a pain, just keep things simple and painless.

I'm just saying for the price of the hanger and 2 pumps you might be close to one 450, but its not even about the price for me.

Running 2 pumps can bring up a lot of issues or potential issues, plus how many people are outflowing a single 450?

If anyone has one of the new larger pumps they could part with for a week or two, I could design a single-pump hanger specifically for them.

Not sure how I missed this the first time around (or that you didn't send it to my inbox for approval before posting :p). Very nice looking, Craig! Oh, how jealous I am of all the room the 1g's have in regards to the hanger. Too bad I don't have a need for something like this or I'd be yanking my 2g one and drawing it up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back