The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Fuel pump check

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooah

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Olathe, Kansas
I have reason to believe my fuel pump has given out on me, is there any way i can check to make sure this is true? ie. unplug lines and check somehow? if so can someone tell me how? vfaq was no help

The Haynes manual gives the procedure for it. Basically you have to connect a 12volt power source to a test terminal on the firewall, can't recall where it's located.

We went a more direct route and just juiced the fuel pump inside the hatch to see if it'd kick on. If it does, might want to do a fuel pressure check. My fuel pressure problem was result of a bad fuel pressure solenoid.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back