The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Fuel Pump Assembly kinked fuel line

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StManTiS

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2009
Stamford, Connecticut
So I found a fuel leak in my assembly. Specifically the metal line that makes a 90 degree bend has a small hole at the bend that lets fuel drip out.

Should I be buying a whole new assembly or can I just get someone to weld a new 90 degree piece to the thing?

(The thing had a hole at the kink and I got angry and snapped it, so now like an inch sticks out from the flat surface)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I am sure that is aluminum and I don't think you are going to want to do any welding on it. I wonder if you could get some high pressure fuel line and about 4 clamps and put the line in between the break, with 2 clamps on each side. I don't know if it would work, but thats a cheap alternative until you find a new line.

Weld + fuel line = dangerous?

It'd either replace it or fix it correctly. Cutting it and extending it will be a bit of work, especially to get to if you try to do it with the assembly in the car.

You can try something like quik-steel? JB weld? I've only used JB weld on 1 application and it held up pretty well under abuse. Dunno how I'd trust it on a fuel line though. If it were me... I'd replace it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back