The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Fuel pump and MFI relay

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesnake100

Probationary Member
Jan 28, 2007
dorchester, Massachusetts
Is it hard to install a new fuel pump and MFI relays? not just the relay but the whole relay (with wires and stuff) What do i have to remove and where to connect the wires to?

and can i have the link to where to order both of them?thanks.

When I replaced the fuel pump in my 1G AWD it was almost to easy. Of course that was after the two pretty major problems I faced. First of all I broke the fuel sending unit because it was so rusty and the fuel fitting was a pain(You will need line wrenches for this). You are also not going to want to buy a new sending unit because it can be pretty costly( lucky for me there was a good one at a local junk yard). Second of all you will want to soak the sending unit nuts in wd40 for about half a day so they don't strip when you go to loosen them. Other than that the fuel pump isn't too hard to change out. I'm not to familiar with the MFI relay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back