The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G fuel pressure regulator questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zultane

Proven Member
Jun 11, 2013
denver, Colorado
Hey all, I just bought a 90gsx. I have a few questions, as some of these mods I'm unfamiliar with.

It has a 'aeromotive' fuel pressure regulator in it. I believe I am running really really rich. The gauge says I'm pushing 55psi. That seems irregularly high to me... coincidentally, I puff outblack smoke, and I it doesn't idle very great. My AFR reads in the neighborhood of 15, but fluctuates.

1. Am I supposed to run that much fuel?
2. If no, how do I adjust it?

The injectors seem to be aftermarket, though I don't know what brand, or how big. It's a 14b turbo.

I do not have dsmlink, yet.

I have other issues I'm dealing with, essentially, I'm fixing another guys screw ups. Assistance would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Is this a wideband gauge or just a cheap air fuel ratio one? 15 at idle is about right so you shouldn't be puffing out unburnt fuel.

I just asked my girlfriend, she was the one behind me. It wasn't smoking while I'm idling. Just when I take off, or shift. In her words 'a big mass of stinky black smoke that gives me a headache'

As for the gauge, it says "Aem air/fuel ratio" I don't know how to tell if it's wideband or not. Pillar gauges are new to me. But I know mathematically, 14.7 is the "perfect" AFR.

Injectors seem aftermarket, they have a relatively new sticker on them. It looks like it says "rs" on them, but that's all I can see without physically taking them out.

How do i adjust the fuel pressure on it? I've always had electronic controls for all that. Manual fuel regulators are new to me.

Cool thanks guys, I'll do that today after work. I was pretty sure it was that nut. But I didn't wanna mess anything up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back