The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Fuel Pressure Regulator install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D'seclipse

Can anyone tell me how to install a FPR? Or at least give me a link to a site that can? Which fuel pressure regulators are the best? MSD or B&M? Help plz.

Okay I'll help.

I used an OBX AFPR.

First thing you have to do is disable the stock FPR.Before you vou can do this you must diconnect the wiring harness that goes to your fuel pump.(under the back seat).Then you have to remove the stock fpr from the fuel rail and then read this link:

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/fpr.html

After you do that reinstall the stock fpr.Don't forget to plug the vacuum line.

Remove the fuel return line that connects to the fuel rail.Connect that to the outlet on the new AFPR.Take the inlet hose and connect that to the fuel rail.Take the new vacuum line and connect it where the old vac line from the stock fpr went to.

Plug back in the harness to the fuel pump and turn the ingnition key(don't start the car).Check for leaks in the fuel system.If no leaks then your good.Star the car and adjust the FPR to around 38psi to start.

Any questions???

If anyone wants to add something go for it:thumb:

Thanks for the help. How long would the install take?

I got mine for $150.I think it runs $195 normally.

Attachments

• ddfghfgn.jpg
    ddfghfgn.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 438
hey...i know this thread is older then dirt but i was considering upgrading my fpr for venomn injectors and i am so confused. i was first wondering if the b&m fpr would fit on a n/t? mainly because its the cheapest one i found. and i really dont have 195 dollars for an obx one. anyway why do u have to cut the stock fpr? and i had no idea there was a 2nd fpr on the return line. does that have to be modified? and today before i went to the auto parts store i half ass tried looking for the fpr and i couldnt even find the damn thing. am i true dumb ass or am i just having an off day? haha dont answer that question. anyway im hoping u can atleast answer one of my questions cause this is the only thread i found anything about a fpr on a nt eclipse. thanks
-adam

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back