The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

fuel pressure issue and car dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmxrider489

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2010
pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
So I recently replaced my diaphragm in my regulator because it had a tear in it. I went to take the car out today everything was fine until I got on the highway with some boost. I would loose throttle response and thought the engine had died. I was able to get it home and looked at my log. I noticed my boost was high relative to everything else. There was a spot in the log where the car died and I coasted to the side of the road. The car wouldn't start but a few minutes went by and it started fine. So I get it home and after a 45 minutes I go back to check and my boost gauge said 1psi and fuel pressure was at 20 which is odd. Not sure what would be causing this. In the log, I have a linear fuel pressure setup. Not sure what is going on here. All that was changed was the map sensor and diaphragm in the regulator.

post the log
Here is the log. Just an update, I think I might of fixed it. The diaphragm in the regulator was either pinched or upside down. If that was the case, could that cause this issue? I drove it again after reassembling the regulator and it didn't act up. The log is with it messing up.

Attachments

• car died.elg
    657.6 KB · Views: 15
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back