The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fuel Management Software

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You could have a "chip burner" setup for less than $150, this will give you full timing and fuel control using Tunerpro

If you're just looking for a piggyback, then i'd go with the MAFT Gen2

I'd just go with v3 lite.. its everything you need and its not much mote than a piggy back system like the safc.. those piggy backs aren't trustworthy compared to the link....!!

For ease of access, no wire cutting/splicing/soldering/rewiring hassle, just go with dsmlink man... A SAFC is just a bandaid and a complicated one at that. And....if your going to be buying brand new, dsmlink is roughly $100 more than an apexi SAFC neo. Up to you. Do you want a mass of wires and splits and cuts and hackjob done to your main wiring harness???? Or do you just want to PLUG it in and have it work perfectly the first time with no chance of errors?!!?!?!?

What is a cheap and effective fuel management software? Anyone that could include links would be great!:cool:

Check out ds-map the software if free it allows you to run speed density and log its been around for some time and works well. All you need is a few things to get into it which you can purchase used cheap and your set they give you a base map etc..

Hello fellow Dsmers, So ive been working on trying to get this car to run properlly. Recently before i had purchased a dsmlink v3 I was having problems with trying to get the car to stop reving up and down on it's own. I've grounded and did the timing as well as ordered a brand new BISS screw and replaced seals in the throttle body. So here what i got no i have installed the new ecm link chip. So my problem is that i beleive i got the timing set at 5 degree BTDC. but when i look at the logging it says i have no idle switch of that it's not functioning. So as shown in one of the demo for ecmlink for basic setups they tunned a evo with no switch well i followed threw the steps to what i belevie they did and when ever i go to engage the idle switch setting in the misc menu my idle drop witch is all nice and fine but in goes up and down up and down and it's driving me f***en mental. i mean before i click the idle switch componsation the car is running at a constant 2500 rpms and i have no clue to bring it down. But for some reason when I ground the timing pin the idle is pretty good it's a constant 1300 and very responsive. My car over heated and spewed coolant alll over the ground. I check my ecmling and it was like 267F. Im thinking holly F***. Like what is the average running temp. Can someone share some feed back im in a bind and would love some help with this. I just want to go with out problem just for more then a week LOL. I mean could the themostat be cooked that it's overheating like that. And one other thing is the fans are cycling off and on even when it's a normal opperation temp. so could that be a rad temp sensor? Any help is better then none thanks

To the OP if you have never tuned your car or any other I wouldnt jump right into chip burning yourself. It can be very dangerous to learn how to tune on something thats a little more advanced. I started with an SAFC and it really helped me down the road when I started using stuff like ecmlink and greddy products. Just remember before doing anything just keep on reading.

I recommend ecmlink lite. ECMTuning, Inc.

Hey jay, Ya i know it's i know it can be dangerous but im not playing around with the setting much just checking my sensors to see what they are doing. my timing is really out of wack. and my rpm keep reving up and down. and when i was watching the demo for ecmlink when he was working on the evo he went to maf clamp or what ever and set hit maf sensor well see I have a 3" gm maf sensor hooked up threw my factory harness and when ever i go to set the maf sensor setting and click 3" the car just dies right on the spot. It only runns for some mysterious reason on stock. and help??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back