The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fuel management or turbo??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megaman

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2002
Chula Vista, California
i have about $900 saved up and cant decide weather to purchase a new turbo(evo 16g) or the fuel management kit at extremepsi(pump, injectors, and afc2).

if i get the turbo, ill also have enough to buy a pump and will keep the boost low till i save up for the afc and 550's.
or buy the kit and overwork the stock turbo?

I would have to say get the fuel management kit and a pocketlogger.

I upgraded my turbo before upgrading my fuel system and I was dissapointed in the power gain.

The kit is a good deal and the pocketlogger is a lifesaver.

OR you could get a DSMlink and a fuel pump. And this is the route I would take the DSMlink is the best management system out there for 2gs and it will be able to handle anything you decide to do in the future.

just keep in mind you make more power by tuning your car just slapping on "go fast" parts wont make you faster, tuning will.

tuning tuning tuning tuning tuning tuning.........

I was basically in the same situation a couple weeks ago. I did pretty much research on it. The route I decided to go; however was to go with the evo 3 and 255 pump. This is "safe" to do as long as you run low psi before you get your injectors and afc. I would go no higher than 14 pounds if I were you if you go this route. Also, like raystsi said, tuning is a big part of it so if you do this just make sure you dont do anything dumb like try and turn up the boost without supporting it. Play it safe and have fun. :thumb:

I upgraded to a 16G before anything done to the fuel system. Then I got the pump, with almost no power gain. Then then injectors and s-afc with the biggest power gain I have felt on my car so far, because that turbo is finally living up to its potential. I would definatly do the fuel system first. Try to max out your t-25 so you almost have to change it. Get the most done you can so that the turbo upgrade will produce some power. That way you will be a fast t-25 untill you get the 16g... Otherwise your gonna just have a slow 16g that would get smoked by the t-25 with the mods you could have done.

True true. I would go for a DSMlink over anything else fuel mods wise. It will allow you to extract maximum power from any other mod you put on your car. You will need a laptop, but a 100$ Ebay laptop would do.

Originally posted by Turbo98
That way you will be a fast t-25 untill you get the 16g... Otherwise your gonna just have a slow 16g that would get smoked by the t-25 with the mods you could have done.

but ive always heard that a 16g running 12-14psi is still faster than a t25 running 16psi?

Originally posted by Megaman

but ive always heard that a 16g running 12-14psi is still faster than a t25 running 16psi?

man, i think the point that he was tryin to get across was that right now even with the T-25, you are not gettin all of the power out of it that it is capable of producing. if you learn how to max out the power of a T-25, then by the time you do get a 16g, you will be able to tune you ride mch easier. and by that time hopefully you will know more about what in the heck you are doing and wont melt a piston or something. the only reason i say this is from exp. i just wish i had started learning how and why to tune before i got into more expensive modding. :)

this may not apply to you b/c i really dont know how much you know about dsms, but IMO fuel mgmt is definitely best way to go first.

well, im leaning towards the fuel management kit now, 190 pump, 550's and an afc2.
but if i install all these in my car now would it make more power by tuning? anything after 16psi is hot air anyways.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back