The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Fuel level sensor help!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven A Schiltz

Proven Member
Apr 13, 2019
Memphis, Tennessee
Hey y'all I been having issues with my driver side fuel level sender(98 gsx) it crapped out on me which is preventing me to see how much fuel I have in the car I was wondering if anyone did an aftermarket one that works. That I can tie into the factory one or add a gauge to both sides really don't want to redo my whole system just because of this. Iv search and searched found no Info and I know the hanger is discontinued or is a fwd level sensor the same?

If it is covered in rust it may be changing the resistance values that are being sent to the gauge from the sender. I'm assuming the gauge is reading empty? This would make sense if the unit is covered in rust as stated.

The light should still work. I have never messed with the one in a DSM specifically but I know most others are activated once the float reaches a certain point on the sweep of the arm. This would still be working correctly as long as the float was not full of fuel. The rust is causing the sender to have more resistance than it should which is why the gauge itself is not reading even though float is still functioning.

That's one way to do it! I had trouble with the fuel gauge in my 67 mustang for years (and those don't have a low fuel light or a trip). The 5 gallon container of gas in my trunk became my best friend many times haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back