The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Fuel Lab AFPR Mounting Location (W/ EVOIII Intake Manifold)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVLGSX

5+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2017
Wallingford, Connecticut
I couldnt run the stock unit any more so I went with the complete "kit" from extreme PSI. For the price, with the gauge, and other odds and ends it comes with, its a decent buy for the price.

I've been looking for a good spot to stick this thing and really wasn't happy with any of the methods Ive seen in the past, at least not any of the methods that my current setup would allow. It was going to come down to cramming it in somewhere that didn't look mint, or moving something that I didn't really want to move to make room for it. Back when I did the EvoIII manifold, I had this idea, and almost left the lugs on the manifold (was gonna fab a bracket that bolted to them) that I ended up grinding off for aestheic purposes, to do this.....but I think what I did do worked out better. It fits comfortably and positions the gauge where it can been easily read ( not that it really matters) and there is no rubbing or cramming, and I think it looks good.

The bracket I had to make was a simple 90 out of aluminum with properly placed holes and that was it, very easy. I was really happy with the results

One of the AN fittings on the return line that came in the kit pre-assembled ended up leaking pretty bad. Figured I will play games with that tomorrow......was in too good of a mood to get pissed off over that so I called it a night and headed home. I should just send it back and have them swap it out, weather is gonna suck tomorrow anyway.....maybe Ill just fix it, IDK

Attachments

• 20180210_170351.jpg
    20180210_170351.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 20180210_192246.jpg
    20180210_192246.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 20180210_192258.jpg
    20180210_192258.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 131
Update- took the line completely out and reattached the end on the bench.....

Cut the hose back dead straight with a die cutter, attached the reverse thread collar, applied a piece of yellow mask tape at the base of the collar but on the hose to act as a gauge to tell if the hose is getting pushed out as I tighten the fitting, and then tightened the actual fitting all the way down. Went as usual and I felt good about the success of this attempt. Ive done it this way countless times in the past and have never had an issue.

Fitting leaks just as it did prior from the exact same spot. Defective fitting, cannot be used or repaired, defect is in the machining. So annoyed. Couple dollar part but now Ive gotta wait. Lame.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I run an Evo manifold and I also cut off the tabs. I deleted my cruise control and mounted it in that location.

I considered that spot as I dont have cruise either, but decided against it for more than one reason......you could mount a catch can where the cruise used to be if the afpr wasnt there......might be easier and make more sense as opposed to moving the battery.

I have a catch can mounted in front of the battery for one side of the PCV,(between valve cover and intake pipe) and could add another can for the other side of the PCV system and mount it in that cruise unit space next to the battery (on the firewall). Not sure if Im actually going to do in as there is minimal oil entering through vacuum on that side.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back