The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92gsxecl1pse

10+ Year Contributor
May 9, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
So, i was coming home from a friends house and ive been noticing that my car has been leaning out pretty bad. Well it started to chug and hesitate pretty bad. While driving i couldnt get past 20-25mph, It would backfire and hesitate. But when idle it would idle fine and rev all the way to redline perfectly fine. Then i heard my fuel pump start to make a whining noise *Eternal pump also*. I replaced the fuel pump last night, cleaned the fuel filter/rail etc. and its doing the same thing also making the same whining noise, as if there isnt any fuel getting to the brand new pump. I turned the pressure up on my FPR to around 50, and its still leaning out super bad and still hesitating.

Really need some help with this please.

Well first off when you say it's leaning out, do you see that with a wideband or is that just what you feel is happening?

Well if your hitting 50psi on your FPR, then you should have fuel at the rail then. Do you have a DSMLink, AFC, or any way to control the fuel other than stock? Do you have the stock turbocharger in there with stock injectors and stock fuel control? What is "leaning out" I belive you should be at 14.X for idle/cruise.

Is this only related to boost when you have issues?

I just recently got dsmlink but haven't got a chance to plug it up yet and for mods I have 16g fpr 560 injectors MAF external 255 fuel pump. And the car seems to boost fine it will build but the car hesitates terribly. And at idle it leans so far out that my wideband just stops flat at 16.00.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back