The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 1G Fuel Injectors Not Firing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bostonhatcher

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2006
Kansas City, Missouri
Car is a 1990 Talon TSi and the injectors aren't firing. I pulled the clips off and put a noid light on and it didn't light up as someone turned the car over. I then put a test light on the positive side of the clip and it lit up. I know they get constant power and the ECU grounds them out when they want to fire.

I tested the injector relay box for ohms and they were 6 ohms on all four. The car started up about a month ago and I'm confused as to why it the injectors all of a sudden don't fire.

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Found the problem. Battery load was 11.6 volts sending that much voltage to everything else. I fully charged the battery and the car finally started. I guess the sensors, relays, and ecu are picky about what voltage they're running at.
More than likely you lost the injector drive circuit in your pcm. We had those wonderful Rubicon capacitors which would rupture and leak on the board killing whichever circuit it happened to leak on. PM Steve as to where you can have it rebuilt. Remove the PCM and take the cover off. Smell of it to see if you smell a weird smell. The capacitors are near the part which plugs into the harness. 3 black capacitors and you should see some leakage somewhere.

Good Luck

Found the problem. Battery load was 11.6 volts sending that much voltage to everything else. I fully charged the battery and the car finally started. I guess the sensors, relays, and ecu are picky about what voltage they're running at.

Solution
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back