The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel Injector wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerx

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
Ok so heres my situation.
I swapped out the 1g fuel clips to 2g fuel clips, Good idea right?
Well going into it I thought Itd be a simple move this pin to the new clip kind of deal, but none of the wires would actually lock in to the 2g clip.

Anyone else have this problem?

Instead I took the route of soldering them together at this point, although the wires are pretty brittle, and some of them ended up being cut shorter than expected, but I did get it done.

This is where things get tricky.
I start the car, and get a CEL. pulled the injectors to see which one was giving me an issue and it was cylinder 2. I redid it and it worked after I reset the ecu.
My concern is I think I may have switch the two wires in the clip, so my question is if this were to occur what would happen? Wouldnt that injector just not have power going into it and cause the car to misfire and throw a CEL?

### right now the car is running fine, Im assuming the wires are correct, but I dont want to drive on them and cause further problems ya know

Brian is correct. You are just energizing a coil, so polarity doesn't matter. Probably got the code because the connector wasn't seated properly or a wire isn't making great contact.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back