The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Fuel Injector Seals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tighty

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2004
Sacramento, California
Was doing a boost leak test the other day and my injector seals are leaking. Anyone have any experience with the seal kits?

Beck/Arnley Part # 1580898
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2220574&cc=1205873
http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Arnley-158-0898-Injection-O-Ring/dp/B0049ZLE1G

I would have gone ahead and ordered these already if not for the 1 review for them on Amazon which claims they do not fit a 1998 GSX. Naturally I cannot find these locally so cannot try them out for myself before hand.

Before anyone mentions it, yes I have seen the HD Racing solution for this and I don't really feel like there is enough info there to tell me how long that will last or how reliable that will be.

Thanks!

Don't have experience with those, but why not just pick up seals from one of our supporting members, that you know are of proper quality? Checked extremepsi, their $12 for OEM injector fitment.

I bought the seal kit that daren_p spoke of. Still sealed after two years.

I also bought a rubber seal kit off ebay about three months ago for the Cow Car in my avatar. So far they've held up fine and appeared to be the exact same thing extremepsi sold.

+1 on supporting our vendors though. I shudder to think of the day when vendors ditch the DSM platform :(

I believe I've seen the one you're mentioning but I don't think this is an adjustment issue. I replaced these seals with OEM at 60k, and they're leaking again at around 130k. Just time for some maintenance which I don't mind.

I did not know the kit from extreme PSI existed. I will probably go with this option, but I'm still curious if anyone can validate the claim that the ones from Rockauto/Amazon do not fit correctly on 2g's per the review.

Thanks for the replies.

I think what that Amazon review is stating is that he only received one set, and in his mind, that constitutes non-fitment all the way around. While the rubber rings fit physically, the kit did not fit his expectations.

For that $5/per kit, plus shipping, the price is about the same as if you went to extremepsi.

Support the vendors! It's oem parts , extreme psi is the place I have ordered all my parts from . Here's a quote you can remember when it comes to our cars " you can pay now, or you can pay later. Either way your gonna pay!" Good luck

simple seal kits should have most you need in many sizes can also probly get one form the venders and could also call and ask about it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back