The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Fuel Injector opinions

opinion on fuel injectors

• FIC

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • ID

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my1st2genGSX

Proven Member
Aug 4, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
Yes, I know there will be someone who says what is my goal.

Goal: Have the cleanest and Fastest and reliable DSM in San Antonio.

I have recent came across some money, and have now the fund do invest some money in to my 2g. I will be updating my profile here soon. I just bought the fuel pump 255lph hp from extreme psi, next the fuel lab fpr, injectors, then dsm link, and then turbo and piping.

FIC 1000cc+

Or

ID 1000cc+

I would like the opinion of everyone and their thoughts on the injector. I know they are good companies, just don't know who i should choose. I have seen the price tag on them, just curious on thought from everyone else

Go with a high impedance injector. If pump gas id say fic high-z 1150. If e85 high z 2150.

A 255 is a good pump but is limited. I say go big with a 450 and never have to go back in there. Plus if your running e85 its rated for ethanol.

I was actually wondering about this today before I installed my 2150s. Is it okay to use these injectors on the stock injector seals? Mine are about a month old so basically still brand new

From my understanding it is still a Bosch style injector so the stock one should work. I never bothered to check, I think stock seals from AutoZone we're around the same price as the fic brand from extreme psi.

FIC 2150. Take it from someone who bought THREE sets of injectors on my path. Lol. I'll admit it, i was dumb(probably still applies). Just go big so you "future-proof" yourself. If you plan on pump gas and are CERTAIN you will never want to go to e85 and greater than 50lbs/min of flow? The perfect injector is the PTE 1000. Hands down. Knowing how we all change things, then change again, then once more, i would suggest the aforementioned FIC injectors. They're not perfect on idle or cruise but they're damn close. I saw a set in classifieds for around $700 i think. It's been years, but i think brand new i paid nearly a grand for mine. Best of luck, my fellow dsm'er.
*IMO, ID is more for the name only. I imagine they are nearly identical to the FIC.

Go FIC 1650 high Zs or go home. They are plenty big and use the latest technology. You can throw any kind of fuel at them as well. FIC inj seals leak I’d go stock injector seals if they will work with the fics.

I feel like I must be the ONLY guy having a HECK of a time trying to dial in my 2150s. Been an absolute pain..
It's just a shitload of trial and error, my friend. For me anyway. I was quite good at tuning on a MAF but ever since i finished my "ideal" build I have lost interest. For years. I messed around with them the other day and got them behaving VERY well though. Idle, cruise, WOT. I'm currently running a tank of E85 so we'll see how things go when i put in 93 next tank. I am pretty sure i have the global and deadtimes dead nuts on now, though.
You'll get it. Just get a general idea of your global, then start messing with deadtimes. Log STFT and some others i can't remember off the top of my head.

It's just a sh**load of trial and error, my friend. For me anyway. I was quite good at tuning on a MAF but ever since i finished my "ideal" build I have lost interest. For years. I messed around with them the other day and got them behaving VERY well though. Idle, cruise, WOT. I'm currently running a tank of E85 so we'll see how things go when i put in 93 next tank. I am pretty sure i have the global and deadtimes dead nuts on now, though.
You'll get it. Just get a general idea of your global, then start messing with deadtimes. Log STFT and some others i can't remember off the top of my head.

I am just using the global that ecmlink calculated and was told to just leave that alone. Thank you for the advice though. It's been such a headache

Here, i posted in your main thread but this is a copy/paste from Turbosax, 5 years ago. His settings for his FIC 2150s. Maybe this will help.
Your globals look a bit off. Not too much, but 5 to 7. Just my opinion

Turbosax posted:
Gas:
Global: -75.0%
Deadtime: 0usecs

Volts usecs
7 2418
9 1524
12 990
14 806
16 645
19 580

E85:
Global: -58.6%
Deadtime: -30usecs

Volts usecs
7 2485
9 1566
12 817
14 628
16 463
19 396

I'm looking right now to get a new set of injectors to replace my Fic 2150's. They idle very bad and in my case i got this message on ecmlink forum from Dave "With operation being in the nonlinear region of the curve, the results are something that the ECU is unable to accommodate". Now i was thinking to get Fic 1650 or ID 1700x even in my case the safe bet will be ID1300x. I just want to have my car idle like it should, is so frustrating to drive the car like this.

I'm looking right now to get a new set of injectors to replace my Fic 2150's. They idle very bad and in my case i got this message on ecmlink forum from Dave "With operation being in the nonlinear region of the curve, the results are something that the ECU is unable to accommodate". Now i was thinking to get Fic 1650 or ID 1700x even in my case the safe bet will be ID1300x. I just want to have my car idle like it should, is so frustrating to drive the car like this.
Welcome to the club. This is currently my dilemma that I am still battling today. I know I'm close but I get choppy idle and the car randomly gets lean at stops. Freaken' sucks..

I have someone who was of great help to me (Kenny07) when trying to dial in my injectors and he has FIC 1650s. He's having a b*tch of a time with getting them dialed in as well. :idontknow:

I have someone who was of great help to me (Kenny07) when trying to dial in my injectors and he has FIC 1650s. He's having a b*tch of a time with getting them dialed in as well. :idontknow:
Searching on this forum i find only good things about Fic1650 but so i did when i bought the 2150's. Now i know i was stupid to go that big and i don't want to do it one more time. As far as i see Fic injectors are prefered over ID. I would like to get ID 1300x but is 900$ :D

If you are worried that even 1650's might be too big, the next one smaller that is recommended by ECMtuning is the FIC 1200 High Z.
They are only $520 (USD) direct from FIC, part number IS126-1200H
ECM tuning says for that injector: "There's really not much to say on this one. The 1200 Hi-Z injector idles like stock, doesn't have any special fuel requirements and is a direct plug-compatible replacement. It's really the simplest option available if the sizing works for you."

Of course I have no idea what your mods or planned mods are, so probably you should post a car profile.

If you are worried that even 1650's might be too big, the next one smaller that is recommended by ECMtuning is the FIC 1200 High Z.
They are only $520 (USD) direct from FIC, part number IS126-1200H
ECM tuning says for that injector: "There's really not much to say on this one. The 1200 Hi-Z injector idles like stock, doesn't have any special fuel requirements and is a direct plug-compatible replacement. It's really the simplest option available if the sizing works for you."

Of course I have no idea what your mods or planned mods are, so probably you should post a car profile.
If i'm lucky enough to get my car up to 600whp i'm not sure Fic1200's gonna be the right injectors and i like the all fuel option from 1650 or ID X series because even i'm not using E85 right now it might be available here soon too and i can use racing fuel in the meatime.

If i'm lucky enough to get my car up to 600whp i'm not sure Fic1200's gonna be the right injectors and i like the all fuel option from 1650 or ID X series because even i'm not using E85 right now it might be available here soon too and i can use racing fuel in the meatime.

Ok, yeah if you are thinking ~600whp on possibly E85, the FIC 1650cc High Z injectors should be good, and the 1200's would not be enough, not on E85.
I have those 1650's in my car and I like them. Did you look at my profile? Dyno chart in the "photos" tab. 650awhp on about E60.
My idle is 1200 rpm and I've never tried to make it idle lower, don't need a low idle because emission checks ended when the car was 25 years old. But the idle at 1200 rpm is fine LOL.
The 1650's are made with the best materials so you can use any fuel with them.
I run my car on straight gasoline in the winter which is wet and chilly here. In the summer I usually have anywhere from E40 to E60 in the tank.

Another vote for fic 1650 high z, theyre an amazing injector. I put the latency for battery voltage in the direct access, set global and they fired up and idled perfect from the get go. I have a flex fuel sensor in my car and it idles perfect on gas and e85. My car drives and idles like a stock car. NO cruise hiccups or stumbles on and off the throttle. Theyre a little pricey but well worth the investment.

Ok, yeah if you are thinking ~600whp on possibly E85, the FIC 1650cc High Z injectors should be good, and the 1200's would not be enough, not on E85.
I have those 1650's in my car and I like them. Did you look at my profile? Dyno chart in the "photos" tab. 650awhp on about E60.
My idle is 1200 rpm and I've never tried to make it idle lower, don't need a low idle because emission checks ended when the car was 25 years old. But the idle at 1200 rpm is fine LOL.
The 1650's are made with the best materials so you can use any fuel with them.
I run my car on straight gasoline in the winter which is wet and chilly here. In the summer I usually have anywhere from E40 to E60 in the tank.
I had a look at your car, damn is nice, almost the same setup like i have but with 2.2L and other parts that are on my wish list for a long time. I kind of lost interest in building more the eclipse since i have hard time with tuning the car and getting parts shipped to Europe.
About the injectors and have the car idle at 1200 rpm is something i would live with it if i would have your setup but i don't think i would like it so much. I got a nice deal for a set of ID 1700x but i'm not so sure i should go for it, i still think the 1300x are better injectors for pump gas maybe the 1650's too but i'm afraid to not pay 800-900$ and have the same problem
I remember when i got the 2150's i've read only good thing about it and everybody said car idle's like stock but i don't know way i never got them to work good enough and i'm tired to try more to deal with them so i'm just gonna change them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back