The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

fuel injector install probs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstspyda97

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 30, 2004
Vandalia, Ohio
hey guys hows everyone doing?

today i installed my lucas 550ccs, my car runs fine at idle but i also installed my B&M FPR which was set @ 43 psi according to the fellow tuner i bought it from, so i started trying to tune my MAFT with the 550ccs, but when i went to compensate for the injectors it ran nicer set @ 450 but after i hit WOT it seems my car was quicker with the 450ccs and now kinda holds back and sputters kinda like boost kicks in stops and then kicks back in :confused: , im thinking bout taking the FPR off and going back to 2g stock, but it may just be my tuning(im tuning off my logger) so if any one knows what a good suggestion would be(mods in pro)

thanx in advance :rocks:

alex :thumb:

only real way to know what your fuel pressure is, youll need a fuel pressure gauge. What are your fuel trims according to you logger?

5% LTFT, -1 STFT but it moves during accleration, let me do a better log and ill come on here with a good post thanx for the quick response
btw i have a B&M Gauge, i just didnt have light to put it on so i should prolly do that :tease:

alex

yea i figured my tuning would be a major problem with it :shhh:
so the ever famous question ill post some logs and then can you guys give me a lil help on where my maft BASE,IDLE,MID and WOT settings should be im still really new to tuning :thumb:

alex
thanx for all the quick responses guys!

update:

alright i took off the B&M FPR and put on my stock 2g FPR now my car is running much better(full boost by 3100(17 psi) and not one stutter :D i zeroed my maft out also, its still wet here and im FWD so i cant get traction if i do a 2nd or 3rd gear pull :tease: , but as soon as it dries up here ill try to post a log of the new injectors thanx for all the help guys :thumb:

ok so i just installed an EVO 3 and also put the 550ccs back in 2 days ago and @ idle my car has a lumpy sound almost if i have aftermarket cams, i dont know if bigger injectors are supposed to do this or if im not compensating for them enough....i have my MAFT 1.3 set @ 4 for 550ccs and everything else zeroed out but im still getting the lumpy sound
what could be the problem?

Alex

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back