The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

fuel in sidemount intercooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurkF26

Supporting VIP
Sep 6, 2003
vacaville, California
well i just bought a 1990 AWD talon with a blown ecu. so i decide to take stuff off, clean it, etc... when i pulled the side mount off, the whole thing was full of fuel. now we did try to start this car numerous times but what in the world would cause fuel to be inside the side mount??? any input would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe the previous owner tried to clean it with gasoline?? I think people do that, but other then that. I have no idea. :thumb: :talon:

thats strange. I had oil in my intercooler before but fuel !?!? thats kind of weird.

the thing is its not like it was just a little bit of fuel, THE WHOLE THING WAS FULL! and i seriously doubt that for as m any times as i tried to start it, that it injected t\hat much fuel to where it got into the intake manifold and leaked down the piping into the cooler. what possible ways are there for fuel to get in there besides filling it up yourself???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back