The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Fuel in oil problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viva

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 14, 2011
Findlay, Ohio
Okay so when I turn the key, my aftermarket fuel regulator makes a skreetching Tasmanian sound when building pressure. Is it the diaphragm ?. My oil is nearly 20% gasoline and is watery weight (obviously). My fuel pump is constantly running the whole time when iI turn the key. (You can really hear it hissing and pressurizing the whole time you drive). Since I can't let the car warm up to get a accurate compression test I get 150 on each cylinder (COLD)!
SUGGESTIONS ?

thats how you do a compression test. pull a plug crank it over and theres your compression and then you could put a cap full of motor oil in the plug hole and then do a wet compression test to see how much is actually making it past the rings.

155 on each with oil

Suggestion would be to see if you've got air (and other things) slipping past your rings into the crankcase. Do that by pressurizing the system and listening for escaping air. You'd ideally do this with a leak-down tester but you already know the issue (fuel in oil). Take off your oil cap and listen for that escaping air. If it's there, it's your rings. If it can be heard coming from the intake manifold (closest you can get to the source), it's an intake valve/seal. If it can be heard in the exhaust, it's an exhaust valve/seal.

If all that checks out (I'm betting on the rings being the culprits), pull the vacuum hoses from your FPR and see if any fuel drips out. If so, the diaphragm is damaged and needs replaced. But still doesn't really explain fuel in oil. Good luck, hope you get this resolved after having read such a lengthy reply!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back