The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G fuel filter questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbeaton9292

Proven Member
Aug 29, 2013
Sterling heights, Michigan
Ok so my fuel filter is in need of a changing so i as gonna go with a russell fuel filter they are cheap and have read good things but i was wondering is there anything i can do to make this cheap to do i cant go buy a fuel feed setup

Can i use stock fittings somehow what do you suggest i do

No I do not. Measure it. If you intend to cut that line do you own a 37 degree flare kit? Younwill need that, fittings, line, filter, more fittings, adapter at the rail. Why do you want this aftermarket filter?

No I do not. Measure it. If you intend to cut that line do you own a 37 degree flare kit? Younwill need that, fittings, line, filter, more fittings, adapter at the rail. Why do you want this aftermarket filter?
i want the filter because one at orileys cost 22$ or for 6$ more i can get a good filter and spend a few dollars more and get a good fuel filter setup

so i did some searching and talked with a friend of mine that does hydraulics and got some part numbers and such and got the filter pressure fitting from 5/16 hardline to -6an swivel for lower fuel filter fitting -6an 45* swivel fitting for upper fuel filter 1' of braided fuel line size -6an (obviously) -6an 90* swivel fitting for at the rail and a weld on -6an fitting to weld to the preexisting rail fitting to make it a -6an

all them parts paid 55$ shipped :hellyeah:

Just for reference, is there anything objective that makes this filter "better" ? Availability? Future replacement cist? Flows more?Better fit Iin tight space? I want to know why you chose it over double the price of the stock filter. objective not subjective

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back