The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 1G Fuel Filler Hose 1990 GS-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'90 GS TURBO

Probationary Member
May 7, 2016
Apex, North_Carolina
My fuel filler hose (hose between filler kneck and the tank) has dry rotted pretty badly and leaks. If possible can anyone tell me where to find it and what diameter it is?

Moderator Edit - solution here: 1G FWD Fuel Filler Hose size

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a MasterPro #20957 or crossover equivilent. It is the right diameter and of course you cut you own out of the hose. Got mine at Oriellys. Lost most of a whole tank of E85 when mine started leaking. Don't even bother trying to loosen the old clamps just cut them off with a dremel tool or GOOD side cutters then put new worm clamps on. Just did this a month or two ago so I am sure this will work. I think the hose was around 10 buks plus a couple clamps. Mine is on a 90 AWD so Enjoy! :D
Sorry, the GS-T is a different hose but that number is the correct size which I just took a picture of for size reference for you. The front wheel drive car uses a much longer hose (12" maybe). My 1990 Laser has, what looks like, a flexible radiator hose on it. Do you need me to measure its length?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 14980009043481616285839.jpg
    14980009043481616285839.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I used a MasterPro #20957 or crossover equivilent. It is the right diameter and of course you cut you own out of the hose. Got mine at Oriellys. Lost most of a whole tank of E85 when mine started leaking. Don't even bother trying to loosen the old clamps just cut them off with a dremel tool or GOOD side cutters then put new worm clamps on. Just did this a month or two ago so I am sure this will work. I think it was around 10 buks. Enjoy! :D

The GS-T hose is different than that of the GSX, it's straight and looks like a flex hose.

Yep thats what my Laser looks like. I went to my parts store and "browsed" the hoses hanging on the wall LOL. My Laser looks like a flex hose on it so I know what you're looking at. Just went and looked under it.

I used a MasterPro #20957 or crossover equivilent. It is the right diameter and of course you cut you own out of the hose. Got mine at Oriellys. Lost most of a whole tank of E85 when mine started leaking. Don't even bother trying to loosen the old clamps just cut them off with a dremel tool or GOOD side cutters then put new worm clamps on. Just did this a month or two ago so I am sure this will work. I think the hose was around 10 buks plus a couple clamps. Mine is on a 90 AWD so Enjoy! :D
Sorry, the GS-T is a different hose but that number is the correct size which I just took a picture of for size reference for you. The front wheel drive car uses a much longer hose (12" maybe). My 1990 Laser has, what looks like, a flexible radiator hose on it. Do you need me to measure its length?
Please do not dremel the clamps off a leaking gas hose.

Probably best not. A good pair of side cutters or a small pair of bolt cutters make quick work of it. I fought with those clamps since they are rusty as hell for the eternity of 10 minutes or so before clipping them. I wouldn't ever try to even remove them now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back