The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel CUT????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OverboostXS

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have recently installed a fmic on my 93 tsi awd and no in high boost wich is 19psi it hits fuel cut. Before the frount mount i could hit 20 psi fine i have a big 16g greddy profec b boost controller and a 255 lph fuel pump with rc 550's . It only does it on high boost even when high boost is set at 15 it still cuts. I could use some ideas thanks.

think about it. if you put a big front mount on you have to turn the boost up to fill in the extra space. your turbo is flowing more air now and you computer sees it. even at almost the same boost.

while that might be it, I'd say its more of a density/tempurature thing.

Fuel cut is by far more prevalent in cold weather. You have just cooled your intake air charge a great deal(hopefully, you spent a grand or so to do just that) and so now you have effectively made it a cold day :)

You might have to hack your maf a bit(more??) or get a bigger one(2g)

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

First of all, you do not have to flow more air in order to "fill up" a FMIC. You flow more air because the FMIC cools the charge to a greater degree, and thus the cylinders each inhale a larger mass/volume of air for each intake stroke.

The only way a MAF change will decrease fuel cut, is when the MAF change causes the ECU to see less air. If you get a MAFT and leave it uncorrected (0%), or if you get a 2g MAF and then use a SAFC to correct it back to zero (~+22%), then you will get the same fuel cut.

You need to trick the ECU into thinking that it is pulling less air than it really is. Lean out the mixture if you have a SAFC, hack the MAF a bit more, etc.

Also, if you have boost leaks, that will most definately cause fuel cut. Pressure test your intake system..

.....Kyle T.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back