The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved Fuel cut when i touch throttle (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galipso

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So what i did recently was: JB weld my 3 vacuum line off the TB because my caps were rotted. I also installed Speed Density meaning i had a bung welded into my UICP with the GM IAT wired in (i cut the red wire with blue stripe and the black wire in the MAF harness to solder into the sensor pigtail) I also have the Omni 4bar Mitsi style MAP installed and all of this was programmed into ECMLink.

I tried back tracking to see if it would stille do it: Put factory MAP back in and remove it from ECMLink. Turn the MAF sensor back to factory too but since the GM IAT is wired in still im wondering if the black wire i cut is effecting the MAF reading causing this fuel cut.

I know some of this may sound confusing so ask questions if need be.

Also: i checked, there is no boost leak.

If anyone is familiar i can post a ECMLink log of this too

wait.... i think i figured it out..... i spliced the black ground wire back into the MAF harness and throttle reponse came back to normal...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back