The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fuel Cut or Boost Cut

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm4ever1337

Probationary Member
Feb 28, 2011
Manama, Asia
Hello everyone,

Im new here...

Im having some basic mods on my car..

7 bolt
T04E T4 turbo A/R 50.
38mm wastegate
HKS BOV
3' Exhaust System
Front mount intercooler,
SAFC

anyways
I was tuning my car last night with my tuner..and we were having a problem..
we tuned the car perfectly little bit rich..but the problem is ... when i boost more than 1 Bar...i get the fuel cut..i need to find a way to raise boost..in other words i need to remove the fuel cut..i cant afford getting a DSMLINK or a ECM..a friend of mine has the same setup but a T04b turbo and he is running 22psi..they removed the fuel cut for him..but he doesnt know what they did..

i need to know how to remove the fuel cut pls..

Thank you..

my car lags but with 1.5bar it will be good on the street..1.0bar is too low..

please help

Thanks again!

1 bar is 15psi i believe, so fuel cut is in the 16 psi area. To get rid of it, you would need to upgrade injectors, possibly fuel pressure reg, and your fuel pump. Thats the actual way to get rid of it, especially if you're without any form of logger or tuning device. Your car won't have the amazing power you think it will while running 1.5Bar but if you would rather run 1.5, untuned, rather than just 1Bar semi-tuned (factory) thats up to you, but personally, I would just run it the way it is, keep the boost at 1 Bar and save up for dsmlink.

Forgot to mention I had a wideband..and I'm not running lean..I guess I need injectors..but the weird thing is my friends 2G .. Same setup! Exact same setup..same injectors same fuel pump same safc..I dnt get it..

Fuel cut doesnot occur at a boost. It occurs at a point where the ecu calculates that it will need to open the injectors at 100% duty cycle to supply enough fuel to match what the maf is telling it.

You need to check for boostleaks.

After that you are right at the threshold for fuel cut, regardless of your friend. As well you need to log injector duty cycle. If you're at or close to or just over 100% IDC, the ecu cuts off fuel as the last ditch effort to save the ecu. So having the safc with stock fuel injectors means not much. Stock fuel maps put you at 9.5:1 a/f ratio. So you can likely lean out to 10.5:1 or so with pump gasoline and an ebay intecooler when running in the 15psi area. But you also have a bigger turbo that flows more air. There is no a/r 50 for a t04E turbo charger. So I have to guess that you have a t4 50-trim. If this is a full t4 then certainly you have reason to suspect that you're just flowing too much air for the stock injectors not to be at 100% IDC at 15-16psi, because you're hitting fuel cut.

Again a boost leak will send injector duty cycle through the roof too. But other than leaning out the fuel to about 10.5-11:1 (this will allow about 10% more airflow before you see fuel cut; not much at all; at stock 200hp that's only 40more hp certainly not worth an upgrade to anything larger than a 14b turbo), you can't do much else to prevent the fuel cut other than do what's right and get bigger injectors for your much much larger than stock turbo. There's no need to run big turbos with little injectors. You could have faster spool and the same power with a 16g or 14b.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea , ill smaller the turbo , and big injectors..

Thanks alot..any idea how to remove speed limiter ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back