The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel cut, boost leek, need help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foreverthuggin0417

Banned Member
Aug 1, 2012
Nowhere, California
Hi, I just put a blitz BOV, chrome intake, turbo cat back exhaust, boost gauge. After I put on the cat back I started to feel like my car wants to go but hesitates then goes then hesitates and so on and so on. Could that be a fuel cut or boost leek. Any help is highly appreciated. It's a 95 gsT. 138,000 on the engine. Please help me out.

Thanks.

Is your BOV currently recirculated after the installation of the Blitz Bov?

If it is not, You must have it recirculated unless you have your MAS AFTER the BOV.

By meaning of recirculated, the outlet of the BOV had a hose that connected it back to the intake. This hose must be on the BOV.

The BOV I currently have on it is not recirculated. The outlet is way to,big for it to be recurcitlTed. I fixed the problem though. When I went to change the spark plugs to put NGK bpr6es, there was oil under the spark plug cover. I pulled two of the plugs and had oil all over them. I went and got a valve cover gasket, 4 spark plug tube seals, and replaced the spark plugs and it is working way better now. But do you think that the uncurcikated BOV will give me less power than a circulated one?

I had that same exact problem before I swapped out my plugs. No you prob wouldn't lose power venting but it is not a good idea, as the MAS has already accounted for that air, and when it escapes to the atmosphere your engine will have a period in which it runs extremeley rich. Hope this helps.

I had that same exact problem before I swapped out my plugs. No you prob wouldn't lose power venting but it is not a good idea, as the MAS has already accounted for that air, and when it escapes to the atmosphere your engine will have a period in which it runs extremely rich. Hope this helps.

This is correct and unless you have ecmlink and are compensating for it in the long run it will do no good. If you put the bov on just for the sound then all the power to you but a 1g crushed bov recirculated sounds just as goo IMO.

I have my Greddy Type-S recirculated and it is plenty loud. Almost wish it was quieter haha

I'm not looking for loudness just all performance. I'm looking for dsm link right now, but all expensive. Might get 97-99 ecu and flash it. Any ideas is most appreciated. Thank you.

Note I have 95 gsT ecu so it is already EPROM.

Make sure that there are no air leaks between your maf and turbo with your new intake pipe. That would definitely cause your issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back