The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

FS: Stock 92 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffW

Probationary Member
Apr 6, 2013
Yucaipa, California
sold - moderator, please delete

------------------------

Hello!

Some of you already know about this car I am selling. I have successfully smogged it today and updated my craigslist ad. There are pictures there ... 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX AWD

The text of that post is below. Let me know if you have any questions.

I don't frequent this site, but will of course do so to answer questions. Hanging around and reading here makes me want to keep the car!

Cheers,
Jeff

-------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 Eclipse GSX; 6 bolts original 1992 2.0L Turbo 4g63.

I am the third owner of this car and have had it for about 17 years. It runs great, shifts great and is a blast to drive. It is time to let it go as it is easier to load a toddler in a four door.

Body and 2.0 L Turbo Engine have 144k miles. Engine, exhaust and turbo are all stock. The car has never been raced, wrecked or otherwise abused. Always garaged and well cared for.

Transmission was replaced with a new TRE Stage 2 transmission (GENUINE MITSUBISHI TRANSMISSION PARTS). With optional 10% taller 5th gear. New ACT 2100lb clutch at that time. This was in 2004 and roughly 20k miles ago. It still shifts great.

Alloy wheels and 225/50R16 tires have at least 50% tread left in front, less in back. The stock wheels are also included.

H&R springs drop the ride height a little. I forget which ones I bought.

A few year ago I put in KYB AGX Adjustable Struts and Shocks. They are a little harsh even at the softest setting, but handle great.

On December 31, 1999 the transfer case locked up. So it and the rear differential were replaced under recall. The rear has always had an occasional "warble" since. New bearings and CV joints didn't make any difference so I just put up with it.

It has always had regular oil changes with Castrol full synthetic oil. I also run BG Synchroshift in the tranny and Red-Line shock proof gear oil in the t-case and rear differential.

Turbo still boosts well. The car has a mechanical boost gauge and a bleeder adjuster. I never mess with it and it peaks at 14-15 lbs.

Timing belt was done about 10k miles ago.

A/C will blow cool, but stall the engine at a stop. Compressor clutch? I don't know and have not been using it.

It needs a paint job. No rust anywhere and has always been in Southern California weather.

This thing is waiting for a big turbo and a fat exhaust. It is already fast, but you probably know it can be turned into a rocket.

I'm firm on price and in no hurry. Please don't insult me with a low ball offer. Offers are best in person.

Update 4/6/2013:

The car has passed CA smog today. It has taken some time and finally replacing the valve stem seals has fixed it. It was blowing some smoke and had high HC levels prior to the fix. Thanks to Tony Greer at Greer Car Care in Corona for fixing this at a reasonable price (Greer Car Care - High Quality Vehicle Services for Routine Maintenance and Repairs, Brakes). I highly recommend his shop for any 4g63 work. If I were going to do a full rebuild I would have him do it.

I'm not going to raise the $3500 asking price on it after repairs, but am also not likely to accept less.

While diagnosing the smog problem I did a compression test. The results were 150/108/155/155 in cylinder 1/2/3/4. So #2 is a little low. I suspect it has been for a while and it still runs great. Tony did a leak down test on that cylinder and found rings are the likely culprit.

Attachments

• 01-DSC_0001.jpg
    01-DSC_0001.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 96
  • 02-DSC_0002.jpg
    02-DSC_0002.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 07-DSC_0007.jpg
    07-DSC_0007.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 11-DSC_0013.jpg
    11-DSC_0013.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back