The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

FS: 91Talon TSi Fwd 5spd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuner_d_27

Probationary Member
May 21, 2010
West Grove, Pennsylvania
Updated info and price.

Forsale is my 91 Talon project car that I was hoping to have on the road 2 years ago. Needless to say it is not and unfortunately time and money have run out. While I am the third owner, the second did not drive on road. The first owner was in a minor fender bender and car has damage to the front right horn in front of the right front suspension, the bend can be seen at the top of the wheel well. The right front is down 2" and back 1"(damage is more rolled down and back from impact), as well as the bumper, but not enough to prevent from previously being driven. Part way through a test drive last year the car shut down and would not refire.

Update - probable bent valve upon further investigation. Engine at TDC and 1 of two intake valves is still down. Timing belt has jumped 3 teeth.

Asking $950 o.b.o. (would consider trade for running street bike, doesn't need to be perfect just functional) Clear PA title in hand.

4g63 stock block - 150 obo
Stock head (w/ possible bent valve) - 100 obo
EVO 3 exhaust manifold tapped for egt w/ FFWD copper gasket - 75 obo
Shop Fab COP (not a name brand) - 85 - obo
New CAS installed but not ran -80 obo
New ISC (black installed and ran on one test drive) - 35 obo
FIAV block off plate (installed and ran on one test drive) - 15 obo
3" SS downpipe (integrated o2 elbow - cut off striaght o2 bung and have 45 degree not welded on yet) - 85 obo
Turbo has slight in out play - 50 obo
ARP Turbo bolts (black ones) - 20 obo
ARP exhaust manifold bolts - 35 obo
2 1/2" side mount IC pipes - 75 obo
Shift linkage bearings (at trans)
Shift plate metal bushings (inside)
Clutch assembly bushings installed on new arm and assembly welded
Lower braided clutch line (not installed)
Clutch slave extension shaft
Cruise removed and installed new non-cruise throttle cable
Fiberglass hood with pins (needs refinished) -
new rubber brake lines (not installed) -
new bottles of pennzoil synchro mesh
knock-off oil catch can installed
knock-off air intake pipe and silicone adapters
Computer was repaired for usual cap leakage (non chip type, sorry)
windshield had 3 chips repaired

NOT a race car or top of the line part, but like I said a good parts or part-out car.

You can either PM me here with offers or email [email protected]
Thanks guys.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
How you doing? Just wondering if your car is still in enough pieces for me to buy and get running myself?

Jreg,
Other than being partially torn-down to inspect the valve issue and the damage to the right front and valve that I mentioned I have had no offers...everything listed is still here. She's pretty dirty but I could take some pictures for you if you like. Sorry for late reply, been going every direction lately. If you'd like to take a look I'll be around all weekend as well.
Doug

Yeah no sweat on the late response. I'd like to check some pics out if you wouldn't mind. I know you're saying it's a good part car, but I'm wondering if it'd be feasible for me to get this thing running on the road again for a reasonable price. I'd like to have a gsx one of these days. I work as a mechanic at a mostly full service shop so I know I'd be good on the tools and what-not.

It is definitely repairable, just out of time and money on my end. Give me a day or two to get those taken. I won't be home from work till dusk/dark the next couple of day. thanks,

275 for the block, turbo and evo 3 manifold?

jreg
not sure if you saw pictures on my profile and message..definitely good on price for the items you stated..just making sure you don't want whole car before i sell other parts..
thanks

doug

Last post for this one. Listing on craigslist as well. If no bites in a week than I'll take as much off of her and scrap the chassis. Need it gone by end of month.

Forsale is my 91 Talon project car that I was hoping to have on the road 2 years ago. Needless to say it is not and unfortunately time and money have run out. While I am the third owner, the second did not drive on road. The first owner was in a minor fender bender and car has damage to the front right horn in front of the right front suspension, the bend can be seen at the top of the wheel well. The right front is down 2" and back 1"(damage is more rolled down and back from impact), as well as the bumper, but not enough to prevent from previously being driven. Part way through a test drive last year the car shut down and would not refire.

Update - probable bent valve upon further investigation. Engine at TDC and 1 of two intake valves is still down. Timing belt has jumped 3 teeth.

Asking $650 o.b.o.

4g63 stock block - 150 obo
Stock head (w/ possible bent valve) - 100 obo
EVO 3 exhaust manifold tapped for egt w/ FFWD copper gasket - 75 obo
Shop Fab COP (not a name brand) - 85 - obo
New CAS installed but not ran -80 obo
New ISC (black installed and ran on one test drive) - 35 obo
FIAV block off plate (installed and ran on one test drive) - 15 obo
3" SS downpipe (integrated o2 elbow - cut off striaght o2 bung and have 45 degree not welded on yet) - 85 obo
Turbo has slight in out play - 50 obo
ARP Turbo bolts (black ones) - 20 obo
ARP exhaust manifold bolts - 35 obo
2 1/2" side mount IC pipes - 75 obo
Shift linkage bearings (at trans)
Shift plate metal bushings (inside)
Clutch assembly bushings installed on new arm and assembly welded
Lower braided clutch line (not installed)
Clutch slave extension shaft
Cruise removed and installed new non-cruise throttle cable
Fiberglass hood with pins (needs refinished) -
new rubber brake lines (not installed) -
new bottles of pennzoil synchro mesh
knock-off oil catch can installed
knock-off air intake pipe and silicone adapters
Computer was repaired for usual cap leakage (non chip type, sorry)
windshield had 3 chips repaired

NOT a race car or top of the line part, but like I said a good parts or part-out car.

You can either PM me here with offers or email [email protected]
Thanks guys.

Thanks again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back