The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

FS: 1990 Exlipse GSX (ONE OF THE CLEANEST ONES LEFT)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St3alth

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Contact information
[email protected]

Year

Make and model
Eclipse GSX

Mileage

Transmission type
Manual

Title status
Blue Rebuilt

Asking price
8000OBO or Trade

-----------------------------------------------------
Additional information and mods

I know Ill probably regret this. But, today I have forsale is one of my baby's Ive owned for about 6 years now. My 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX AWD TURBO. I bought the car 6 Years ago with 109k miles. Now with only 114900 Miles on it, which is extremely low for any first gen DSM, especially a 1990. This car is modded like any other DSM. Only this one has been modded with Good Taste and Care. Ive spent over 20k on this car since I was 17 years old. Rebuilt it from the ground up. Ever since I owned the car it has been kept in a garage until just recently. The car is very capable of being a Daily Driver, and Ive Daily Drove it before for months without problems when I had to. But since the car has all solid bushings the ride is rough at idle. This is the car I said I was going to keep forever and be "that old guy" that says hes owned his car since he was a kid. But I recently picked up a MKIV Supra and I No longer have the room to keep it in the garage, And it just sits outside at my other estate and it kills me seeing it out there. Not being Treated like the diamond in the rough that I normally treat it as. This car needs to go to a true DSM enthusiast, or at least someone who knows what there getting into. And can care for it as I did.

I will be accepting Trade offers with cash on top. Im in need of a nice DD, but don't expect me to trade for your stock civic and 2k cash..but hey! the worst I can say is no right?

I lost my data on my computer that I used to keep track of all my mods. So I'm going to try to list everything off the top of my head. but I can guarantee Im going to miss a few things. I do have alot of paper work to back up the work and mods done to this car.

***Engine Mods are: (Mileage when put on)
Fully built head (111k) (Port and polish, 272 Cams, BC racing Springs, BC Valves)
Evo III Exhaust manifold (110k) (Ported)
Evo III o2 pipe (110k)
Apexi Downpipe (110k)
Thermal 3inch Exhaust (110k)
NGK Spark plugs and wires (109k)
250 Warbo Fuel Pump (110k)
660cc Injectors (111k)
New Head, exhaust, intake, etc Gaskets(111k)
New alternator (114k)
Koyo Radiator (112k) (Has small hole in it, Will try to fix before selling)
Slowboy FMIC kit (112k)
16G ported turbo (111k) (Never seen more then 16psi)
Custom 2nd Gen intake and Maf (111k)
Solid motor and tranny mounts (111k) (Probably my most regretted mod, it makes the car feel much more torquer but at a price, the whole car shakes and rattles at idle. You can replace them with stock mounts with ease tho)

****Drivetrain:
Transmission was replaced with Brand new one (109k)
Rebuilt CV axles all around(111k)
ACT 2600 Clutch (111k)

****Suspension Mods:
KYB AGY Shocks (111k)
Tein Lowering springs (109)
(The car really needs coil overs and I wish I would of bought them to begin with, I dislike the setup thats on it now.)

*****Exterior:
Flix Rims 17x7 (109k) (one of the rims is curbed)
ES100 Tires (109k)
New Paint (113k) (painted original Maui Blue)

******Interior/Electronics:
Sparco Seats (will include original stock seats in great condition)
Autometer Oil Pressure, Boost, and A/F Ratio Gauges
Apexi SAFC (needs a tune, I recommend getting a DSMlink)
Dual Pop up screen (CD's dont work, but I just use the ipod connection)
Apline Speakers up front
Infinity speakers in the rear
Infinity 300w amp and sub combo

Pros:
Soon to be Classic (remember this is the closest to the first evolution we truly had in the US....actually it was made before the First Gen evolution even existed!)
Great MPG for the speed (unless you WOT it all the time of course heh)
Cant find too many of these left in this condition.....or even running condition for that matter.
Very Fast (even though it isnt tuned yet)
Nice sound system
Huge potential!
Interior is in 9/10 Condition for its age

Cons:
Car shakes rattles at idle because of solid motor mounts
Suspension isn't what I thought it would be when I bought it new. (F/L Tire rubs fender when hitting big bumps)
1 or 2 small dents and few scratches from sitting out side in the country for a few months (I blame the deer..)

Get Ready for alot of pictures :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Where it sits as of today

****I really dont want to sell it nor do I NEED to, But I really want to get a Cool Daily to keep my miles off the Evo and Supra. I really love this car and Im going to HATE to see it go. but I know someone can have it and enjoy it just as much as I have so. I want this car to go to someone who Will treat it right! And please keep all negative comments to yourself, and if you HAVE to tell me something negative go ahead and do it over pm's, thanks.****

------------------------------------------------------

holy smokes! nice car!

you seem to have quite the lineup of other cars as well! wow

This is a pretty good looking 1G. I love the color!

I am still following this thread and saving pennies.

What type of tranny was installed in the car (i.e. OEM or aftermarket)? Did you complete the 4-bolt rear end swap?

What type of tranny was installed in the car (i.e. OEM or aftermarket)? Did you complete the 4-bolt rear end swap?

It had a new OEM put in it. Sorry for the late reply I never get on here.

This car is still up for grabs. Its just been sitting in the same spot as the last picture, for months. Someone also Keyed it.. on the driver side.

So with all those new hiccups Im lowering the price to 7k OBO. You will need a trailer to take it.

Last edited:
I have not been on this site for months as I am out of the DSM game, my friend.

Email sent, my friend...

Bump. Price Lowered to $4000 Need room in the garage. This is last call. If it doesnt sell Im sending it to JMS and keeping it.

Cody, I thought you sold this joker long ago.

Cody, I thought you sold this joker long ago.

Nope! I get alot of interested people, test drives (when It was drive-able, heh.), and promises of coming with a trailer to pick it up. But no one ever comes through! like I said before many times, I still dont wanna get rid of it! But I'm just running out of room for my cars and trucks! I have to move my Supra in soon so I can finish that build so I really need the extra room! I wish I owned a warehouse so I could keep all my toys! :banghead:

I think that might be my next investment though if no one buys the gsx in time. Its a good excuse for me to build some sort of storage garage :sneaky:

Nope! I get alot of interested people, test drives (when It was drive-able, heh.), and promises of coming with a trailer to pick it up. But no one ever comes through! like I said before many times, I still dont wanna get rid of it! But I'm just running out of room for my cars and trucks! I have to move my Supra in soon so I can finish that build so I really need the extra room! I wish I owned a warehouse so I could keep all my toys! :banghead:

I think that might be my next investment though if no one buys the gsx in time. Its a good excuse for me to build some sort of storage garage :sneaky:

The car is not running...? What is the deal with that...?

It runs. But has a Blown Head-gasket (Water to oil) so its not safe to run.

OK. I understand. I have no idea why the car has not sold as it surely does look good. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back