The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

FS: 1986 Toyota Cargo Van 5speed RWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HadesOmega

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2002
408, California
Copied from my craigslist, great parts hauler:

Just copied from my craigslist ad:

Well its time to sell my old buddy. I bought this Toyota van at about 260k and used it as a delivery van and it performed well until the headgasket started to give and all these cooling issues. Its a great van and I have done a lot of work to it. The body is white and I had all the major dents pulled out and bondo'd but the guy that did it did a half asses job and didn't paint it very well. Just haven't had time to fix it but the body is very straight compared to most vans you see. It has old school supra rims and I even have one for the spare for weight savings. Has about 40% tread left on some Kumho tires. Also has a twin loop mugen style muffer that sounds great, not too loud. Its a 5 speed RWD and I have added a tachometer to it because it doesn't have one. Also has K&N drop in filter and drilled airbox for more airflow.

Reason I'm selling is because I got a Previa and would love to keep this one because it handle better than the previa and is more fun and economical to drive than the previa but it doesn't have AC or cruise control. It has the bare essentials.

It runs and you can drive it but it will overheat eventually. I have changed nearly every cooling component and it will lose water because the headgasket it is weak. Its now BLOWN but its weak. The coolant doesn't mix with the oil yet, but if you don't live too far or take breaks and refill the radiator you can get it home. It still runs smooth no water coming out of the tailpipe yet. Compression is still good last I checked.

Some info:
310k on chassis
5 speed RWD
2.2 4YE (yep the bigger engine compared to the 3Y Zenki Models)
Weak Headgasket
Autometer tachometer
Tranny shifts great and filled with Redline gear oil
Supra Rims with good tires
NO AC or Cruise Control
Recently rodded radiator cools very good until it runs out of water
LE model mudguards
Some grey interior
LE seats with arm rest
K&N drop in filter and drilled airbox
Rear lifting shackles for leaf springs can adjust rear height. Rear is lifted a little for that raked look and more oversteer.
Has a good rear trunk door (hard to find most have dents or are rusted)
Has nice ventshades for windows
2 year old Costco battery
Aftermarket cassette deck installed
Newish alternator
Has a digital voltmeter installed
Added dead pedal and racing peadals, so I can heel and toe when braking
Major Maintenance at 295k: Cap, Rotor, Aisin Water Pump, Toyota Thermostat, ND Iridium Spark plugs, NGK Wires, goodyear gator belts
Clutch is ok, it slips a little more than when I first got it but still got some life left in it.

Looking to get $1500 FIRM for it, tags are good till April would like to sell before then. I will sell it all the goodies on it for 1500 I will also include all the spare parts I have for it, not that much stuff, tail light and some interior stuff, and the steelies that were on it. If after April it will be non op and I will part the van out... Also it is due for smog in April, that will be the buyers responsibility. Last time it barely passed, it is at stock timing right now so it may pass but I think it needs a new cat. So its a mechanics special you can drive home and work on it. I know its asking a lot for a van that needs a new headgasket. Its really not that hard to change but I don't have time or space to do it myself. You don't even need to mess with the timing chain because it is OHV. Great deal for a work van or fun van, I can fit my 350cc quad inside it.

Here is a picture gallery of the van good memories:
1986 Toyota Cargo Van

Please contact me through email if interested: [email protected]

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back