The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Front Upper Control Arms/Camber

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have results from them individually? If you don't, I think you'll find the accusump is doing the bulk of the work. The pan helps mostly with capacity.
By results do you mean broken motors? Lol. Once I did the oil pan I saw better oil pump life. More consist oil pressure in long right hand corners, and quick chicanes on track. And the accusump has only furthered that ability to go faster through corners. But this is very much off topic of the OPs original post.

pictures of said modified chassis pivots?
It took a while to get this pic, but the Upper A-Arm ball joint here is stock, only the chassis pivots are modified. - This is Pro level secret sauce here, John basically aligned the car and then welded new bolt holes for the bushing pivots. Any variables in the chassis are addressed with on car measurements - so there is no weakness in an adjustable part - correction The old part was fixed camber, this new part is improved - adjustable.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
It took a while to get this pic, but the Upper A-Arm ball joint here is stock, only the chassis pivots are modified. - This is Pro level secret sauce here, John basically aligned the car and then welded new bolt holes for the bushing pivots. Any variables in the chassis are addressed with on car measurements - so there is no weakness in an adjustable part.

Oof that’s a setup right there.

It took a while to get this pic, but the Upper A-Arm ball joint here is stock, only the chassis pivots are modified. - This is Pro level secret sauce here, John basically aligned the car and then welded new bolt holes for the bushing pivots. Any variables in the chassis are addressed with on car measurements - so there is no weakness in an adjustable part.

Why not go with Bobby's upper arms and be done with it though. Modifying the upper arms like this just still seems like too much and a fail point.

Due credit to Bobby’s parts, If you were a master fabricator, would you change your design thats been flawless for 20 years, and use someone else's product? Uhh, No.

I decided to stick with the winning teams approach.

Now, I get this kind of thing isn’t available to all, so you do what you know.

Due credit to Bobby’s parts, If you were a master fabricator, would you change your design thats been flawless for 20 years, and use someone else's product? Uhh, No.

I guess I will just admit I am ignorant to who and what team you are referring to and what part has been flawless for 20 years. So the adjustable part for tweaking depending on tracks is that camber type looking bolt? Does it slide back and forth to adjust + or - ? Just curious what exactly is going on here.

I guess I will just admit I am ignorant to who and what team you are referring to and what part has been flawless for 20 years. So the adjustable part for tweaking depending on tracks is that camber type looking bolt? Does it slide back and forth to adjust + or - ? Just curious what exactly is going on here.
Winning team:
#muellerizedteamwork
And now I will eat some of my words, because the original part we replaced was a welded fixed pivot, and this new one is in fact an improved design, adjustable!

I have not had the part in my hand, so i’m unclear how this is achieved

Last edited:

And I imagine rules in some classes may not even allow arms like Bobbys, so this is an awesome way to get some adjustability with “stock” parts.

And I imagine rules in some classes may not even allow arms like Bobbys, so this is an awesome way to get some adjustability with “stock” parts.

Yeah I would imagine stock classes probably not.. but one look at every Volk control arm on my car and none of that would matter for Bobby’s arms anyway LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back