The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

front speakers in dash

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMeclipse4G63

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 10, 2003
columbia, Maryland
Ok here I go, I ordered 3 1/2 speakers for my front dash speakers(i have the infinity 6 speaker obviously). Well they were def bigger than the stockers and didnt fit, well this was a long time ago so I did a custom install in febuary. I was wondering if anyone had personal experience with installing after market speakers in the dash on a 2g and could help me out.

So question is....what size after market fits in the dash?
thanks
andrew

well, i imagine you can take a flat piece of plexi, size it, and mount a standard size tweeter and place midrange in its stock location for a component set, but im unsure of how the imaging would sound.

i have yet to take this dash apart so i dont know yet.

Yeah Im looking for better sound imaging cause now they are mounted right next to the 6 1/2 and arent doing much there. I believe in the stock location my system will sound better.

i worry if it doesnt.

im going to be running MB Quart PSD 216's
so of course i want the best it can be.

sometimes they put metal housing inside the "hole" in dash, and then you just have to grind it around the endge to make it larger.

i dont know, i have only taken apart like an 1/8th of my car.

I did the same with my civic when the stockers blew:D , I have 3 1/2 2 way speakers. Im not going to do a componet system like I did in my civic. Im going to try and put them up top some how. Anyother help or comments are welcome, thanks for the help.

I feel so cheap, I wanted front speakers for my 2G so I went to the junk yard and found a pair for $5.00. The speakers had been exposed to mousture and were unusable, but I had the grills and mounting. I managed to find some cheap, real cheap "dollar store" speakers and modified the existing mount to work. Alone these are horrific sounding, but don't do half bad (at 300Watts) with the other four speakers going. This will work until I can find something better :).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back