The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Front mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nafierro

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2021
Utah
I recently just pick up a 97 gst with a 6 bolt swap and I was looking to get a new front mount but I get confuse when shopping. are the 7 & 6 bolt the same for the front mount?
Sorry for the rookie question it’s my first dsm and my first project car still trying to learn

Yes the front mount would be the same for 6 or 7 bolt. Please take a moment and check out the resources page front the main page. Lots of good information collected over 30 years.
Welcome to the site.

I would also wait for any more mods. Learn first. Do any maintenance necessary, then mod. I speak from 30 years of ownership.

Yes the front mount would be the same for 6 or 7 bolt. Please take a moment and check out the resources page front the main page. Lots of good information collected over 30 years.
Welcome to the site.

I would also wait for any more mods. Learn first. Do any maintenance necessary, then mod. I speak from 30 years of ownership.
Thank you will do got the car for free from my cousin and it’s been sitting for the past 2 years he was just going to junk it LOL so I took it for myself I already change the spark plugs and wires and battery now it’s just dieing on me I’m thinking it cause of the old fuel maybe it has a new alternator but I’m still going to test that ASAP just to make sure

This weekend I was planning on pulling the injectors and cleaning them out

@pauleyman are you sure 1g & 2g kits are the same? I’m thinking it has to be slightly different at least from IC to throttle body including the bov. I see kits for sale that say it’s for a 1g or 2g
He didn't ask about 1g and 2g. He asked about 6 bolt vs 7 bolt as he has a 6 bolt swapped 2g.
Yes he will need a 2g kit but as for motor. Doesn't matter.

Curious what your process is to clean out an injector.
I just pulled them and hook them up to a 9 Volt battery and I just sprayed through them when they turned on after I sealed them to build pressure to see if they were clogged but they all seem fine now I’m just having a issue where the cam sensor is going off and I got the Adapter for the 7 to the 6 bolt but when I unplugged it idles fine but when I try to drive it I get no power but when I plug it back in it idle a little high and dies after like 5-10 min and then it when I try to drive it it just dies on my as soon I try to get out of first gear so I’m kinda at a lost I posted a new thread about it but I got no responses for it yet

Its a big mishimoto intercooler. Works fine.. fits well.. just needed a little fabrication off the bumper..and that big black plastic/ urethane piece behind the license plate.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back