The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Front LSD Insert

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBoz

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2004
Riverside, California
I have my trans appart for the Welded Center diff, and while it is appart I am thinking about doing the FRONT LSD Insert. Can I get some opinions on them. I need the good the bad and the dirty. Remember this is for a 6-700hp car. So High HP guys please let me know what you think.

Also I have searched and it seems that these are a bad idea from everything I have read. Looking for some good up to date info on these products.

I did quite a bit of research on this myself before deciding to do it or not. The conclusion that I came to is that if your running a car with over 4-500 hp it's probably not a good choice. There are a couple of threads on here in regards the the inserts that you might find useful.

All in all if it were my car and I planned on putting that much power down I would go with a true LSD system. It'll cost you quite a bit more to begin with but net you better results and stop you from possibly having to buy a new transmission.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back