The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

front lower tie bar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

is this even worth getting? not much info on it. except from the road race site.and they had fitment issues
thx in advance

Going by your mod list, no, this is not worth getting.

Do you really have several thousand in parts just sitting around and not on the car?

If I were to do it again, I would do it in this order:
-tires
-rear sway bar
-shocks/springs/coilovers
-strut bars
-front sway bar?
-front lower tie bar

Jtoby noticed an interesting side effect that makes you wonder a little bit, after he installed his RRE lower tie bar he lost 1* of camber. Hard to believe that that would be static, but I trust him more than anyone when it comes to making our cars turn.

thx for the info and yes? im sorry i just read my profile sh1t was not right most of the stuff is installed but its mostly what you see in the pic's the rest is waiting for after the brake in you know.
new super 40 and polk smim and inj, fp mani, tial bov & wastegate, complete new fuel lab fuel system for when i run the E85.
Funny how all that crap adds up huh..
Ive finally fallen in the category of i should have bought an evo.
Then there is the fact that its a gst, im not drag racing this car i just wanted to hook it the funk up sence its my garage queen not a dd.
i better not catch you near my garage..LOL..

Jtoby noticed an interesting side effect that makes you wonder a little bit, after he installed his RRE lower tie bar he lost 1* of camber. Hard to believe that that would be static, but I trust him more than anyone when it comes to making our cars turn.

Yep, I did. 2G are are not unibodies. They are overcooked pasta.

Thanks for the kinds words, too. But I think I lost 1* total, not 1* each side. But I think the bar was worth it. If nothing else, it saved my exhaust when I rallycrossed the car. :)

Yep, I did. 2G are are not unibodies. They are overcooked pasta.

Thanks for the kinds words, too. But I think I lost 1* total, not 1* each side. But I think the bar was worth it. If nothing else, it saved my exhaust when I rallycrossed the car. :)

i like pasta but im trying to cut out some carbs so i will be getting the rre lower bar. thx:thumb:

Here's a tip: remove the strut-tower brace (assuming you have one) before installing the lower brace. If possible, install the brace from a pit with the car's weight on the wheels (or knuckles). You want to brace the lower pick-up points for the front suspension as far out as possible (for the camber). Then put the STB back on and torque it inwards as tight as you can.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back