The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G front inner wheel bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnr1215

Probationary Member
May 6, 2013
albrightsville, Pennsylvania
ok so my wheel bearing has failed (in tiny bits that is LOL) and im in the process of ordering the bearing and both seals. my question is when I look it up, im finding just the standard wheel bearing and im also finding front inner wheel bearing? what is the difference? so I don't order the wrong part

also its the front drivers wheel

i just checked your info in your profile with what rock auto provides for the vehical...im sorry i for some reason cant get the damn url thing to work with my ipad...there are 4 or five options meeting the criteria for your car...check them out

RockAuto Parts Catalog

trevor

not with the 1g's. the bearing is pressed into the knuckle not the hub from what I have read. and I don't have a press but was gonna take the hub/knuckle assembly to a shop to get it pressed.

not for the front on the 1g's I should say as the rear comes as a assembly

There should just be one bearing. There are 2 "halves" but it is one outer race and there are 2 separate inner ball and cages and 2 inner races. Its about $60 at adv auto. I've done it a couple times and its not too hard with a bench vise, but it does take a big vise and several different large sockets or random pipe fittings to use as a press.

There should just be one bearing. There are 2 "halves" but it is one outer race and there are 2 separate inner ball and cages and 2 inner races. Its about $60 at adv auto. I've done it a couple times and its not too hard with a bench vise, but it does take a big vise and several different large sockets or random pipe fittings to use as a press.

is there any particular ft lbs to torque bolts to for hub ect.... im digging into my laser tomorrow and hopefully my vise will work with my sockets and punches:confused:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back