The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Front facia removal and installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alright most of you have tried this for FMIC installs.
This is also a great way to take out your headlight with out breaking any thing.
I just did a FMIC install,
To do this you need to remove several screws and bolts.
Most are self explanatory.
I was told if you want to talk of the skin you need to remove the headlights, if you want to remove the headlights you have to remove the skin.
This has been aswered by suggestions to break certain bolt and not reuse them.
To remove the top screws from the facia you have to go underneeth the car, using a long screw driver push the screw up and out of the clip it will come ouut under the head light, pullthe m out and the facia should come off.
With patience and ingenuity you can actually remove all the bolt from the headlight and re install them after.
What I did was remove the obvious bolts and screw then the inside bolt behind the headlight in the engine bay ( use a flex head socket)
The top bolt which is a no brainer then remove the bolts that hold the center bridge for the cowl just in front of the hood latch.
You can pull this forward and reach into either side for the hidden front headlight bolt, put a towel over the metal and you will keep fro getting scratched.
Remember when you reinstall the head light has to go in first at least on my 97 it did. hope this helps
Doc

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back