The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Front end damage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgoble32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 12, 2010
Manhattan, Kansas
Ok, I know I can't be the only one here lucky enough to have rear ended a truck. It cracked front bumper, well put a hole from where hitch hit it. Damaged my fmic, a/c condenser, radiator, mount bracket, hood pushed up. So the question is can you fix all that. All post pics later of engine bay.

Well as long as it didnt bend the main frame your not to bad. A body shop doesnt charge to much for straightening out all the front braces. Probably a couple hundred bucks. Or you can attempt it yourself. All you need is a big tree and a come-a-long or two, and just tie on to where its bent and pull and work the whole front end to where you want it. It's not easy and can be very time consuming and frustrating. Good luck

Thanks hopefully shop is nice. And can fix it quick. She's my baby and haven't finished my goals for her.

You could also just replace the radiator support. It is kind of time consuming. You need to drill the spot welds off from the old one and weld the new one on.

Now I have to wait to see what ins says about it. I praying they don't total it out. And of course wife is hoping it's totaled out. She hates the car ### I control it. Yup major control issues. I've already found all the parts to fix it 2000$ but that's with upgraded radiator, fans, and new fmic, bumper then oem supporting parts unless a junk yard around here has one there.

You could also just replace the radiator support. It is kind of time consuming. You need to drill the spot welds off from the old one and weld the new one on.

Has any done a write up on this? I searched but found nothing. If not I'll take pics of progress. USAA totaled it out and gave me car back. My wife wants me to get a 99 gsx 7000$ just don't have the funds to buy it. So looks like I'll be repairing this on my own. Lol should be fun learn more about it. I'll probably start a build log on it once I have time.

did they give you any cash?

and we definitely need to see pics of how bad it is. I had a 2g that got hit in the tire and it moved the whole front 2" out of alignment. it was so bad that it cracked a front roll stop and the bent the knuckle. All it took was a few hours on a frame machine to get it straightened out. We got lucky and the alignment unded up being perfect

I feel like a broken record. Autopartswarehouse.com you can get the entire front radiator support front bumper and hood, all reasonably priced and free shipping! The body parts come primed as well. While on there you should just go ahead and buy an A/C condenser too.

I will look at autopartswarehouse.com. once I upload some pics all post them. thanks for all the info guys I'll keep posting when I have time and most likely start a build thread.

May i make a suggestion? Go used. Pick and Pull should be having a sale next holiday weekend. Half off of thier already low prices. Tools u will need. Sawza, hack saw, hammer and chisles, and ## basic hand tools. Oh and a grunt or helpper. I managed to get a complete roof assembly with sun roof, headliner, wiring, and drains for under a hundred bucks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back