The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Front Body Kit Grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you can say body kits are lame all you want, its what i like to do so im gonna continue to do it. and so far with the engine ive had the Cylinders bored 30 over (ported and polished heads)...forged rods, pistons and cranks, lightweight pullies installed, cam gears and cams installed. higher output fuel pump as well as injectors....ac and power steering removed (converted to manual steering via manual rack pinion and all other needed parts to make it run smooth without it, short shifter installed, the necessary racing plugs and wires as well as ignition coils. and alot more, basically i have the car Completely Built and ready for a turbo, as well as the outside almost ready for paint.

i can see alot of you guys are not ones to customize the outside but only under the hood but really thats fine, good for you. i can appreciate a nice car either way, but dont come on judging me for my preference in customization

There is nothing in this world that bothers me more, than when people such as yourself, make words plural that clearly should not be. From the sounds of this, you should be setting records. So Ill wait for that one.

On a nicer note, the outside of your car looks like a nice project.

There is nothing in this world that bothers me more, than when people such as yourself, make words plural that clearly should not be. From the sounds of this, you should be setting records. So Ill wait for that one.

On a nicer note, the outside of your car looks like a nice project.

And its even more hilarious is the fact that he is not specific about anything. Cams, yeah sure.

okay guys well you can talk shit all you wish i wasnt specific because i dont feel like typing out all the part brands it takes forever, ive only owned this car for one month and have over 5g in it already give me some damn time to make this car what im trying to make it before you judge....

I'm pretty sure you and me are the only two on here who have and or like body kits man. Mine wont be on till spring but I have a drift front bumper and blitz skirts and rear bumper. I LOVE your wing though. My favorite by far. Anyway I just cut a design in the front of my bumper between the headlights. I look at it daily and am quite pleased with it. You just gotta draw some stuff out on it., take pics and compare. That's what I did. I came up with four different designs and finally after two weeks of yanking my hair out finally decided on one and just did it. These cars IMO are too aggressive to have the Smiley face bumper, so I wanted something that IMO added to the aggressiveness. Good luck and post pics so we can enjoy and be inspired. Ill do the same soon.

really you did it??? ide like to see some pics of what you did! im not sure if i wanna go hacking into my brand new body kit just yet LOL! so many ideas so little time until winter :( well thats okay i guess i can work on it in the garage haha

A majority of em love the stock bumper. I like to make people drool and have something all my own, so for me its a body kit. Fenders and Lambo doors and a wing will come early spring along with paint. Learning to do it all myself as I go.

nice! i do all my own work as well! besides paint because i dont have a nice booth or anything but i would if i did! im painting mine after the winter, all it needs now is side skirts! im going 3 tone black, silver(minimal) and Metal flake blue
gonna be a SICK ass paint job looking to spend around 6k LOL

I think the name of your front bumper cover was/is originally called the "bomex" kit. I could be wrong. I just can't believe you said "Turbo hood".

IMHO, clearing out that space in between the lights wouldn't look good. it doesnt match the lines of that kit. ignore the motor junkies, if you care for cosmetics, you do you. just make sure you do it right or I will personally make fun of you :p

haha yeah your right i did F up saying turbo hood im only 1 month deep in owning a 2g i dont know them inside and out yet i just know how to customize cars very well LOL. i previously owned a 3g and had it done VERY nicely until a drunk hit me and totaled it :/, and Bomex is a brand bomber is a style either or ive seen them called both actually but technically it is as i said,

haha yeah your right i did F up saying turbo hood im only 1 month deep in owning a 2g i dont know them inside and out yet i just know how to customize cars very well LOL.

The "turbo bump" is a very common misconception, most even believe the turbo sits under the bump. I get strange looks after explaining that its so the hood wont hit the large cam gears. I can't be too critical since most people are used to typical American engines which are short, fat, and longitudinally mounted.

OP- Just a word of advice: In case you haven't noticed, body mods aren't very popular around here. Even slight changes to factory appearance can receive harsh criticism. So don't take it personally, it's just how the cookie crumbles around here. But its your car so don't let others build it with their opinions.

Its not how you build your car..its how you take criticism about your car...you better learn that

No but really, the end of the day you posted up and openly wanted an opinion on something, got it, and didnt like it. But at the end of the day, your ass is in the car.

Last edited:
You can't post on a performance forum about aftermarket cosmetics without expecting to get burned. I even shook my head at your bumper. But with that being said, try photoshop with different photos. The only Mits I've seen pull off bumper grills was the Evo 8. Good luck!

If you mess up, there's always oem! Lol

haha okay okay well since you guys all live in all these different states let me explain that here in new york around the area i live in, most of the people at the drag strips and car shows i go to DO alot of cosmetic as well as mechanical work on all sorts of different kinds of vehicles, granted taking criticism has never been one of my strong points especially against my car but hey at the end of the day we can all agree that domestics are for the birds LOL!

I'm going cosmetic and performance. I'm just doing the cosmetic while.I study up on the performance. Cosmetic comes natural to having built many a custom. Engine work is also. Ill wrench anything but I love this car so I actually wanna know exactly what I'm doing engine wise and know exactly why I'm doing it. So for now I got bolt one and alot of studying.

i said ported and polished heads, bored 30 over, FORGED internals if youd like the correct terminology LOL and im well aware that they are for the came gears on the 4g63 but didnt realize they came on every version of it so yes that was my bad haha, and as far as customization of cosmetics i also enjoy having body kits and loads of aftermarket accessories

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back