The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Front Axles - 2019 What brands are viable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikejsmith1985

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2009
Bethel, Ohio
Hey guys,
I picked up 95 AWD to put my built motor in from my GST. The axle on the passenger side is stuck... The "cup" (hope that's the correct verbiage) doesn't have the flat spots in it to pry on like a Mitsu axle. I'm going to be building the trans and the drivers side axle is destroyed boot was ripped and basically no grease left in the joint. So that being said Mitsu doesn't offer axles any more, Raxles doesn't offer axles any more, I've read mixed results on Master Pro from O'reilley but it was mostly bad. There were GSP Tough axles through Advance that seem to no longer be offered (couldn't find them online) So is everyone ponying up for DSS axles now days or are there still axles available from parts stores that are serving the 400+HP crowd well?

Hopefully something that has the pry points so the axle can actually be removed when the need arises.

Thanks for any feedback, and I apologize if there is a current thread about this that I missed.

Last edited:
Have a look at these....
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...433929,drivetrain,cv+half+shaft+assembly,2288

FWIW, I run Orielly front axles in my profile car and it has seen over 500hp and over 500ft/lbs torque at times.
Thanks, I looked at the RockAuto options initially, but I like the idea of a parts store axle so when inevitably one of them doesn't actually fit its an easy exchange but RockAuto is usually fairly painless and they do seem to have better prices!

I went with them (Orielly's) since they are local to me AND have a "lifetime warranty" so if, I mean when, I break one I have extras and get a new one free plus my labor. I carry them "in stock" at my place and if I need to, just warranty them out.

I went with them (Orielly's) since they are local to me AND have a "lifetime warranty" so if, I mean when, I break one I have extras and get a new one free plus my labor. I carry them "in stock" at my place and if I need to, just warranty them out.

Makes sense to me, if they last 15-20k miles that’s an opportune time to change the trans fluid and filter any way. Are the ones you’re using fitted with OEM style cups so removal isn’t next to impossible?

You are correct in your research that there really isn't too much available anymore. Some guys are skeptical of inferior metals in some of the "parts store" aftermarket axles. Although, a 500 hp testimony is pretty good for probably 90% of cars on this forum. Most people I've talked to try to find an OEM one being parted out.

I ran into the exact same situation as you, when I bought a GSX donor car for my GST, I could not get the drivers side axles to release. I tried for the life of me with every tool imaginable, in the process I ended up destroying the axle. Oh well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back