The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 420A From scratch wiring, need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reborn750

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 7, 2010
Brookings, South_Dakota
Sorry if this is in the wrong category but i couldnt find anything for threads relating to wiring.

After removing my entire stock wiring harness after going standaloneMegasquirt on my 420a Eclipse i have run into a few problems. Everything in my interior works fine still except for my power windows, power sunroof, and my starter. I want my starter to still be on the ignition key switch. I figured i would just run the wire from the starter solenoid to pin 87 (where power is needed) on a relay, starter wire from ignition switch to pin 86 (switched 12v), and pin 30 to power (12v) and 85 to ground. I tried to start and nothing happened.

All my other relays (fuel pump, and ECU components) work great and they are all new relays. Am i on the right track or am i completely going at it the wrong way?

Also, are the power windows and sunroof on a relay? i checked the one power windows fuse i could find and it was good. Only thing i can think of is that i removed a relay that was running them when i pulled the old harness under the hood. Also wipers are not working.

Last edited:
Spend some time familiarizing yourself with FSM Electrical section. It has component locations, wiring diagrams, and pinouts/wire colors. It has anything you need.

ive spent a while lookin at the electrical articles now, and found this. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...082-2gnt-no-starter-engagement-condition.html I think it basically shows that i was wiring it correctly. I may have just fried my relay. Does anybody just have or can make a quik microsoft paint sketch of a simple starter wiring????

Also, anybody got any ideas on the windows/sunroof? possible to find which wires run them and wire to their own relay, or wire so they can be turned on even with ign off

Last edited:
When you remove your engine harness there are a few things in that harness that you need
1. The starter signal wire...hence why your car wont start
2. If you want the coolant temp gauge to work on the cluster you need to remove it and run it to the car as well.
3. Windshield wiper harness....pretty easy here, I think it goes to a blue connector behind your radio...
4. Voltage regulator for your alternator....
5. Vehicle Speed Sensor...self explanitory

If I remember correctly thats all you need to remove from the engine harness. Im sure if I'm wrong some people will step in and let me know. But I'm pretty sure thats all I removed when I did mine..

Thank you, this is exactly what im looking for. I wired up my speed already, not worried about coolant gauge as im using a monitor with megasquirt. I will work on getting the wipers workin. As for the starter can i just wire one up like i posted above? and i wired up the voltage regulator that came from symtech. But as for power windows i need to look for the problem elsewhere as the engine harness has nothing to do with it?

Do you know if the power windows and the sunroof wiring are ever in the same location or to the same relay? That would be where the problem would be as they both quit working at the same time

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back