The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

From Evo to GSX...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluevoviii

Probationary Member
Nov 8, 2005
Yorktown, Virginia
Like the title says went from a GT35r evo...to a 1997 GSX. Long story short I owned the evo from 03-08 then moved outta the country for a while and spent most my money and came back and found my GSX in a tow yard for a great deal.

My ol Evo:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My GSX:

Im out in CO...so if anyone else is lmk and we can meet up...I will be asking a lot of questions while here, and hopefully can contribute/help where needed. :thumb:

So you sold your EVO? If so how much of that money you going to put into your GSX? What are your plans for your GSX?

So you sold your EVO? If so how much of that money you going to put into your GSX? What are your plans for your GSX?

I sold the evo about a year and a half ago to move to China... I bought the gsx with the remaining cash from selling the evo, but I spent most my money partying in Shanghai and Beijing. Great experience, but def. not worth selling the evo :notgood: Anyway, I do have plans for the GSX. I am kinda at a crossroads... It has a new 7bolt in it, and I was either wanting to do a 16g or 20g turbo setup for a little while (or until the 7bolt dies). Then build a 6bolt to put in it... I would like to try and hit 400whp on the stock block...which turbo should I invest in for the time being??

More Evo pics, to help keep the pants wetness on sw0l... LOL

My best friends Si (450whp). Both Evo n Si are sold now tho...

No Launch 12.9 @ 118mph (93octane)

WOW!!!! Skeet skeet skeet!! I need to change my pants dude. That is one sexy Evo!! Nice GSX too!

I would like to try and hit 400whp on the stock block...which turbo should I invest in for the time being??

20g would do the trick, but look into an hx-35 or 40. Just search the forum for "Holset" and behold the wonder of the diesel turbo on a 2.0

20g would be ok but look into Borg Warner. Spools like a 50trim and produces power like bigger turbos.

Ahhh, I always forget about BW. A guy I know who ran a 10.5 on street tires has one and it spooled 22psi by around 3400rpms, he ran the 10.5 on 27psi so it's definitely a capable turbo. Not sure exactly what model he has though... :coy:

So this Borg Warner turbo...will I have to have a custom manifold made? and from who?

The S252 extended tip from Borg Warner would fit your power level and more. DNP makes a bolt on T3 and T4 exhaust manifold that can use an external wastegate.

The S252 extended tip from Borg Warner would fit your power level and more. DNP makes a bolt on T3 and T4 exhaust manifold that can use an external wastegate.

Thanks for the info! I looked it all up and it looks like it will cost me in the 2k range to do all that...I think the bang for the buck ratio would be in a super 20g setup. I am going to throw a ebay turbo on there for a year (20k miles), and then either swap on another turbo or swap a 6bolt motor in there...just want to have fun w/the 7bolt for now (not too worried bout lettin her blow...).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back